I did spend most of the day in front of the computer playing but I also managed to do laundry, wash dishes, balance my checkbook and pay a bill. Pretty productive day if you ask me.
I've been wanting to change the look of the blog for a long time so that's what took up most of my morning.
The new header was something I've been working on for a few days. It all started when I was sitting in front of the TV doodling I had written out the words Ann's snap edit scrap and drew a little stick figure. Then I went to the computer and tried to duplicate it in photoshop elements. This is what I came up with.
I liked the way the stick girl came out. I used a custom shape for the head and then I drew in the rest of it myself. I wasn't pleased with the words though. It looked ok but I wanted it to look more like the one I did on paper. The next step was to scan the paper that I drew on and then take it in to photoshop elements.
Now I liked it a whole lot better. As you can see I also added red for the dress and bow. I wanted to stick to black and white for the background and header but I thought a splash of red would be a nice touch. Since it was pleased I put it up on the blog and then I realized it was missing something.
It needed a dog. Back to photoshop elements to create the little dog and now I'm 100% pleased with my new header.
It's a big difference from the look I've always used but it's what I was looking for. I've also started working on adding pages, something I've been wanting to do forever. I've cleaned quite a bit of stuff off my side bar too.