Sunday, September 27, 2009

Are you tough enough?

You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.--Rosalynn Carter
I'm a quote freak, I love them. I often go searching for them. I found this one just before starting this post. Yes, I know I'm supposed to be working on the wedding pictures. You don't have to remind me. NO, I'm not finished with them. (Wade has asked me several times in the last couple days if I was finished and each time he came in to ask I was goofing off)
So what does the quote have to do with any of this? I don't know. I guess maybe it's a matter of questioning my ability. I have worked on the pictures but I find myself needing to walk away when I don't feel like I have the ability to do them justice. I think I'm doing the right thing though. If I keep working at them with the wrong attitude I probably won't put forth my best effort. I need to clear my mind and wait until my confidence is back up to par.

5 comments:

BeadedTail said...

It probably does help to walk away before frustration sets in but I think you're being too hard on yourself. The photos you've shown have been beautiful!

Jackie said...

nope not yours today. i am stealing it from you. I need it. Wow, I feel like a traitor because I am staying with EC.

I almost feel like just deleting my blog and starting all over from scratch!!

I'm not having a good day. but, then agian I am always way over sensitive!!

Big hugs,
Jackie:-)

Tanyia said...

I, too, alove quotes :) That is a good one. I often have trouble with the confidence and the follow through, bleh. Guess we can thank mom for that one!

You are doing the right thing by walking away, I agree. It helps to take a break and come back in a better state of mind.

You really are doing a great job on the photos though!

Unknown said...

you're doing a great job ann, but when it starts feeling like a chore, then it becomes no longer fun. big hugz to you my friend!

vickie said...

Yep, follow your instincts - always right! You know I love quotes too ... this is a good one! Put this in your mind & heart - "you came from greatness, therefore you ARE great" ;)

hugs,
Vickie

Related Posts with Thumbnails