Friday, October 2, 2026

All in a days work

 There are some really strange people around where I work. This woman pulled up and parked in front of our building sideways. I'm not sure what her reason was but she was slumped way down in the seat and looked like she was scrolling through her phone. She sat there for about a half hour and then drove away


Then there is a young man who obviously has some mental impairment. He came in the office one day and asked if we wanted to buy any cookies. We told him no and he was on his way. I saw him walk by the office on a few other occasions but never bothered coming in. Last week he came in again and asked. I told him no thank you but a guy sitting there waiting for another customer said he would buy some. The next day the young man came in again and sat down. I asked if I could help him and he asked if I wanted to buy any cookies. I told him no thank you and he continued to sit there. His dad was outside and opened the door several times to call him out. He continued to sit. Then he got out and looked at some of the things on the counter. Finally he left with his dad. 
Thankfully the big boss was there that day. Not that I think the young man was dangerous or anything but it was nice to have someone else there in case any kind of situation arose.

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You were your regular sweet self to be so nice to him.

My Mind's Eye said...

I agree Ann you are often there alone you cannot have that type of situation.
Hugs to you and Gibbs
Cecilia

Shug said...

There are a lot of things that I see each day that makes me wonder!!!!! I am thankful for you that the boss was there. You can never be too cautious these days. Bless this man..for all of his efforts in trying to make money.

photowannabe said...

I'm glad you were kind and that client helped make the man's day.
Mental health issues are such a tangle. Sometimes its difficult to know how to react but kindness will win in the end.
Sue

HappyK said...

It was nice that you were kind and also that you weren't alone.
I guess having the woman parked there on her phone was better than her driving around on the phone.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Awww....you are so kind, Ann.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes, that is definitely different and I'm happy someone else was in the office with you. Interesting that his dad was outside.

Chatty Crone said...

That was odd - and I am glad you had someone there. You never know.

CheerfulMonk said...

I am glad your boss was there that day -- for peace of mind if nothing else. ❤️

Related Posts with Thumbnails