Friday, September 27, 2019

I didn't really need more

I already have enough ideas for craft projects so I didn't need to add to the growing list but while in Walmart Amanda and I had browsed through the Christmas stuff they had out. I can't believe I was actually doing that because as far as I'm concerned it's way too early but there I was.

Any way, I took a few pictures of things I liked and thought I could probably make those a whole lot cheaper.
 The picture on the bottom left was a garland and it was just foam balls covered in different fabrics and then there were wood beads in between.  For some reason those trees really caught my eye too especially the plaid one. I don't know about duplicating the owls but maybe I"ll give it a try.

My problem with collecting all these ideas is that I have too many and I don't know which one to start with so I usually do none instead.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What department were these in? Our WM has tons of fall and Halloween things, but I have not seen any crafty Christmas things like this. Now I want to go and look. You could easily make all of these.

Hootin Anni said...

I like plaid, so, I like them all. And of course the favorite is the owls....they're hootin'!

Rose said...

Those owls are just too cute! And the plaidctre is what caught my eye, too.

MadSnapper said...

i like the IDEA of the owls but i don't care for those eyes. i think plaid is IN this year... you might just have enough materials around the house to use these ideas. waiting to SEE

Sandee said...

You are so crafty, but Christmas is not something I want to think about right now. Just saying.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Lin said...

Sometimes I think you can make things cheaper, but the Made in China products at cheapy stores can't be beat. Not usually worth the effort to try to make and sell on your own.

CheerfulMonk said...

It doesn't matter what you do as long as it's fun. I would say collect ideas that are easy to do but still give you a lot of satisfaction when you work on it.

Ann said...

The Walmart I was in always puts their Christmas decorations in the area where they have the lawn and garden stuff during the summer.

Ann said...

I do to and especially buffalo plaid. .

Ann said...

I don't really want to think about it yet either but it was the only thing I had to blog about today...lol

Ann said...

I totally agree. That's why Dollar Tree is my absolute favorite store

Ann said...

I've become more of a collector of craft ideas than an actual crafter...lol

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are all so cute. My daughter would love the owls.

marie said...

My Walmart was just putting stuff out...I didn't see the garland ♥️ or the owls!! So cute!! I'm going to try making some of the trees out of an old chenille bedspread.
You can never have too many ideas...just not enough time!! 😁

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

love the little trees...I guess if you didn't want to sew around them to contain the stuff, you could just glue the edges together...oops now there's another idea for even me...

as to collecting ideas - sorry it's "incurable"

Ann said...

Yes, you could make a no sew version of this. I can live with no cure for the collecting ideas bug...lol

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ann such pretty decorations xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails