Sunday, September 8, 2019

Happy Harvest

I finally finished a craft project. This is a relatively easy project that took me way longer to make than it should have.

Not the best picture but it is what it is.

The frame was made from large paint sticks cut to size. I stained the sticks and when they were dry I glued them on to a piece of foam board. I glued in a piece of scrapbook paper for the background then cut a pumpkin with my cricut and glued that in place. Then I made the "happy" banner, glued that on and then glued on the metal harvest. I finished it off by gluing a leaf on the pumpkin. I didn't buy anything new to make this since I had all the materials already. Originally I was going to leave the foam board just the plain white and do something with a black vinyl but changed my mind and went with this instead. I may still try the vinyl option since I have more of the paint sticks and the foam board.

20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is perfect just as it is. I have been seeing things just like this in stores, many not near as pretty as this! I LOVE it!

MadSnapper said...

I agree with Ginny, these are better than what is hanging in Walmart right now. they have a lot of Harvest things.. and yours was FREE plus better... You Rock at Crafting things.. I love the look of the word Harvest... beautiful lettering...

Grace said...

That is so pretty! And clever. What od the leaf made of?

Marg said...

That looks just perfect. What a great job you did on it. You have a terrific day.

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhh, I like this a lot. You make it look easy. It looks mighty professional.

Rose said...

Oh, Ann, I so love this! I just love autumn...the weather, the colors.

Ann said...

Thank you. The best part is this cost way less to make than it would to buy one in the stores.

Ann said...

Thanks. I'm not really sure what the leaf is made of. I bought them in a package at the dollar store. It's some kind of mesh type material with plastic veins and stem.

Ann said...

Thank you

Ann said...

Thanks. It really is simple to make. If I wasn't such a procrastinator I could have had it done a whole lot quicker.

NanaDiana said...

That is really cute and I love the background-perfect choice of paper. Happy Fall! xo Diana

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ann this is so cute i love it,you are very clever my friend ,well done xx

CheerfulMonk said...

I agree with Sandra, you rock! Thanks for the idea that autumn is coming. It's still too warm here. :D

Reeni said...

Cute! Looks like something I'd buy! :)

Ann said...

thank you

Ann said...

Aww, thanks. It doesn't look very fall like around here yet and the days are still rather warm. The nights are starting to get a bit chilly though.

Ann said...

Thanks

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That came out really cute. I would have never guessed those were paint sticks. I love the "happy" banner. I think banners are so cute!

Duni said...

I love this and it is getting me into a Fall mood. The weather's cooled off here considerably.

Ann said...

Thanks. I've been in a fall mood for a couple weeks now. It's been cooler here in the evenings but the days are mostly still warm for our area

Related Posts with Thumbnails