Friday, October 9, 2026

Lunch and jingles.

 The boss was in again and this time we got Reubens for lunch. These sandwiches were huge plus there were fries. I could only eat half and even that was pushing it. The fries barely got touched. I did heat the rest up the next day for lunch. 

Now for the jingle part of today's post. I saw this on Facebook. Maybe I'm old, or maybe I've just watched too much tv but I knew all of them.

How about you? 


Just in case you need help

1. oh what a relief it is

2. sometimes you don't. almond joys got nuts, mounds don't

3. is folgers in your cup

4. Nare for short shorts

5.toys r us kid. So many toys at toys are us that I can play with. From bikes to trains to video games, the biggest toy store there is. I don't want to grow up, cuz if I did. I couldn't be a toys r us kid.

6. It's o-s-c-a-r my bologna has a second name it's m-a-y-e-r. Oh I love to eat it every day, and if you ask me why I'll say cuz oscar mayer has a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-a

7. State farm is there

8. to sing in perfect harmony. I'd like to buy the world a coke and keep it company

9. band aids stuck on me

10. wouldn't you like to be a pepper too. be a pepper, drink dr. pepper.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I knew all of them except the Nair one!! And if you think that's something, when I was a teenager, for some wacky reason I memorized the Crest toothpaste commercial that was popular at the time. Why would something so useless stay in my mind? "Crest has been shown to be an effective decay preventive dentifrice .."Uh oh, I have now forgotten the rest!

DeniseinVA said...

That sandwich looks so good! It’s amazing what we remember. This was fun!

Lori said...

That was fun and yes, I remember them all. I haven't had a Rueben in forever and that looks really good. Happy Friday!!

Jeanette said...

Yep, I knew them all too! That Rueben looks delicious and huge!

My Mind's Eye said...

BOL BOL these were fun. Amazing how the answers just popped in my head especially when I haven't thought of them in ages
That sandwich looked delicious
Hugs cecilia

Shug said...

great looking sandwich... Yay!! I surprised myself...I got them all...

photowannabe said...

Oooo that sandwich looks so good. Yummm
I saw that on FB too , wasn't familiar with #4 but I figured it must be Nare since its about short shorts.
Fun stuff.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The Reuben sounds good. I haven't had one in a long time. Yes, I saw that Jingle this past week also. Hope your weekend goes well.

HappyK said...

I love Rueben sandwiches. Actually I only got a few of them. I never did watch a lot of tv.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hahahaha. I don't even have TV, haven't for years and I know all of those. Tooooooo funny. PS: I do have streaming though.

What a hoot. Very fun post.

Excellent on the reheated lunch. Hot dog.

CheerfulMonk said...

I needed help with a lot of them!

Chatty Crone said...

That sandwich looked so good, but it was huge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails