Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Sometimes I get too caught up in all the things I don't have in life. I'm not rich. I don't have a fancy house. My hair is straight, my clothes are old. You get the picture. Basically, I'm a whiner. Aren't we all at times? Today I thought I would take some time to think about all the things I should be thankful for. With Thanksgiving just a couple days away, what better time.
I thought instead of doing the typical list I would name some of the things that I normally complain about and find the good in them.
1. What better place to start than with my job. It doesn't pay enough and the people make me crazy. Thankfully I have a job. Too many people are out of work these days.
2. My roof is in desperate need of repairs but the cost is just not in the budget. At least I have a roof over my head. With the economy the way it's been, many are losing their homes.
3. The couch that has a blanket covering it to hide the hole in the cushion from a dog my daughter used to have. No it's not beautiful but I still have a comfortable place to sit.
4. The pile of dirty dishes sitting on my counter. Thankfully I had something to eat.
5. The pile of bills that came in the mail. Not one of them says past due.
6. The pig stye that is also known as my sons bedroom. Thankfully that one means that he came home from Iraq alive.
7. The aching back that I always have (due to scoliosis) Thankfully I can still get out of bed every day and FEEL every ache.
8. All the things that I want but can't afford to buy. If I had everything I wanted what would there be to dream about?
9. The carpet in the dining room that has been pulled up at the edge and chewed on. That means I have a cute adorable furry little Duke who entertains me on a regular basis. (double points on this one because thankfully he no longer does this)
10. The family that irritates and annoys me on a regular basis. I have people who love me.
I'm sure I could go on but after listing 10 I'm starting to feel like a real schmuck for being such a whiner...lol