Monday, September 17, 2012

Meet my other friends Monday

This will (I hope) become a regular Monday thing. I'll be sending out a few questions to my blog pals and if you respond they will be featured as my meet my friends Monday post. You could be next.


Today's friend is Sharla of Beaded Tail fame.

Take it away Sharla
1) How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
My first post was on 1/5/08 but I didn't blog on a regular basis until April 2008. I started my blog with the intention of using it to promote my Etsy shop but it didn't take long before my furbabies took over. Now I get at least one day a week to promote new items on Friday Features but the blog is pretty much all about them!

 

2) What is one piece of advice you would give to a new blogger?
Be true to yourself and blog about what you enjoy and care about. If you're not authentic your readers can tell and it won't be any fun for you either.

3) Do you have any hobbies or special talents?
For hobbies I like to read, do photography, hike in the forest or on the coast with my hubby and spend time with my kitties, Angel and Isabella. Special talents? I work really hard at being creative and I enjoy making jewelry and other crafty things. I also took a cake decorating class last summer and took to it pretty quickly which surprised me!
 

4) Of course you love all the blogs you visit but share a link to one of those and tell us why we should check it out.
This is tough since everyone on the blog roll listed on my blog is special in their own way. I guess I'll say one of my Canadian blog friends Catherine from Corner of Cat's Mind (http://cornerofcatsmind.blogspot.com/ ) She's a lot like Ann in that she has an adorable furbaby, a Mancat named Banjo, she's crafty, she takes gorgeous photos and she's funny!

5) What is the one thing that totally makes you crazy?
Hmmm, just one? Okay, I can't stand to have money going the wrong direction in my billfold. Maybe it's the CPA in me but if a cashier gives me change with the bills going all wonky I stand there and fix them before putting it in my billfold or else it drives me bonkers knowing someone is upside down or backwards! (I asked my husband what he thinks makes me crazy and he wondered how much space I had so I guess lots of other things make me crazy too!)

6) Give one random thought.
Oh to have the easy, carefree life of a cat!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post :-) Have a lovely Monday!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! We know Beaded Tail. We r also bloggie friends. We like her answer on #5 answer ... we agree.
BTW: LOVE what you did in your blog n your blog header. Happy Monday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

allotments4you said...

I am loving getting to know your other readers Ann...I especially like the 'what makes you crazy?' question!

Hootin Anni said...

I really love this concept as I posted before....it gives us a whole new perspective of your blogger friends and gives us a chance to 'meet and greet'


Marg said...

That was a terrific interview. Sharla and Angel and Isabella are one of our very favorite blogs. Her etsy shop is great. Take care and have a great day.

Duni said...

I love reading all about Angel and Isabella on Sharla's blog! I do agree with #6. And that cake looks amazing!!

Duni said...

Great new header, btw :)

MadSnapper said...

so good to meet a new blogger and she sounds a lot like you and I. she would hate my wallet, it is wonky. hubby keeps his straight. everything she likes i like except the cake decorating. but i do like to EAT cake. sweet fur babies. i will drop over to see her. the hew header is PERFECT and i like the NEW Look...

Out on the prairie said...

What a fun thought to do.Love the new look.

Anonymous said...

I love Sharla - I've lots of Sharla's goodies in my jewelry box.

My husband and I agree with #5 - the bills have to be in value order (1's, 5's, 10's etc) and they all have to be facing the same way...

(the clickable links are really hard to see. But I love the header - woo-hoo! )

Catherine said...

Love Sharla and all the Beaded Tail friends!
And I like your new header - cute!
xo Catherine

Sandee said...

First, I love your new looks. It rocks.

I'm not visiting Sharla on a regular basis. Love her babies.

Loved her answer about the wonky bills too, as I do the same thing.

Have a terrific day Ann. My best to Duke. :)

BeadedTail said...

Thanks for including me on your blog today! Glad I'm not the only one who hates wonky bills! :) The link to Catherine's blog didn't work for me but I see her on your sidebar. I'm wanting to make a cake for some reason - love all that frosting! Enjoy your week off!

Rose Clearfield said...

I love this new series! I've been reading Sharla's blog for nearly three years and still learned a few things about her today.

Chatty Crone said...

Well she seems like a wonderful friend. And her cake was beautiful!

Helen said...

Great blog header!

she wasn't exaggerating when she said her blog was took over by her furbabies, Boy does she have lot of animals.

Dee said...

It will be fun meeting your blogger friends...Your new fall blog look is nice...love the header photo's.

Lin said...

Oh, I LOVE Sharla and her family!! They are our friends too! :) But I didn't know that she knew how to decorate cakes like that...WOWIE!

Cute post today, Ann. ;)

Reeni said...

I loved getting to know Sharla better - one of my favorite bloggers! I love your new fall look too!

Unknown said...

Sorry, all of our pups insist that cat people are not to be trusted. We have tried to explain that some people can be bipetual, but they just make funny faces to that. (Yeah, they consider all of the cats in our house to be Arlynda's mom's, and they know all too painfully well there is not much that can be done about her.)

Small Town Mommy said...

The cats are beautiful. And she did an amazing job on that cake. I am so impressed.

Marie said...

she's another talented woman! great post!

Sharkbytes said...

What a great idea! I like Beaded Tail.

marie said...

Love that cake Sharla decorated...thanks for introducing her to us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails