Today's friend is Sharla of Beaded Tail fame.
Take it away Sharla
1) How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
My first post was on 1/5/08 but I didn't blog on a regular basis until April 2008. I started my blog with the intention of using it to promote my Etsy shop but it didn't take long before my furbabies took over. Now I get at least one day a week to promote new items on Friday Features but the blog is pretty much all about them!
2) What is one piece of advice you would give to a new blogger?
Be true to yourself and blog about what you enjoy and care about. If you're not authentic your readers can tell and it won't be any fun for you either.
3) Do you have any hobbies or special talents?
For hobbies I like to read, do photography, hike in the forest or on the coast with my hubby and spend time with my kitties, Angel and Isabella. Special talents? I work really hard at being creative and I enjoy making jewelry and other crafty things. I also took a cake decorating class last summer and took to it pretty quickly which surprised me!
4) Of course you love all the blogs you visit but share a link to one of those and tell us why we should check it out.This is tough since everyone on the blog roll listed on my blog is special in their own way. I guess I'll say one of my Canadian blog friends Catherine from Corner of Cat's Mind (http://cornerofcatsmind.blogspot.com/ ) She's a lot like Ann in that she has an adorable furbaby, a Mancat named Banjo, she's crafty, she takes gorgeous photos and she's funny!
5) What is the one thing that totally makes you crazy?
Hmmm, just one? Okay, I can't stand to have money going the wrong direction in my billfold. Maybe it's the CPA in me but if a cashier gives me change with the bills going all wonky I stand there and fix them before putting it in my billfold or else it drives me bonkers knowing someone is upside down or backwards! (I asked my husband what he thinks makes me crazy and he wondered how much space I had so I guess lots of other things make me crazy too!)
6) Give one random thought.Oh to have the easy, carefree life of a cat!