Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Altered file folders

With a few simple folds and cuts you can turn an ordinary file folder into a handy note pad folio. I used the tutorial I found HERE but made a few adjustments on sizing to better suit what I had.

For the first one I used a fancier folder. I could add additional decorating to this or leave it as is. Not sure which I'll do yet.

The outside

The inside. On this one I used a bit of velcro to keep it closed. The left side is a pocket for storing notes or whatever else. I also used a piece of the folder that had been cut off to top the note pad to coordinate with the folder.


For the second one I used a plain manilla folder and decorated with scrapbook paper


Inside.I didn't add the velcro on this one.

And those are my altered file folders. I'm thinking about making these in a smaller size as well. These are a 5 x 7 tablet but if I make the smaller size you could easily fit one in your purse.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! I actually buy things like this already made up. These are awesome! I looked at your link, but I could never do it. Just the word "score" gave me a headache. The purple one is my favorite, it is gorgeous.

MadSnapper said...

I am with Ginny, I buy mine at WM... my favorite is the first one. love those paint stripes. did you paint them or did they come like that?
now you can laugh... when you said yesterday you had made Altered Folders, I thought you meant created file folder in the computer to store your altered photos in. I thought that because I had just created a folder in computer that says Art Creations to pull all my landscapes in..

Marg said...

WE like that a lot. We like the second one the best. Good job Ann.

Andrea said...

How darling, Ann! Love!!

Out on the prairie said...

What a fun idea

Sandee said...

I like the pink/purple one. Okay, those are my favorite colors.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

They are terrific looking but they seems like a lot of work.

Pam said...

Very creative. They look great.

Reeni said...

I love them! So CUTE!!

Rick (Ratty) said...

What a neat trick. Pretty good.

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

That's really a cool idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails