Thursday, February 16, 2012

Archive Dive

Back to the archives today. This time I've got some picture in text edits for you. I thought I had done more of these but I could only find two of them.
The very first one I learned how to do was this one.
 I had just gotten my car s it became the subject for my picture in text experiment.

While my son was in Iraq I frequently browsed through his pictures and would snag one to do an edit on. It kind of made me feel like he wasn't so far away. I used this one of him and his buddies clowning around being super heroes for another picture in text edit.
In case you're wondering, my son is the short one on the right. Believe it or not he's the tallest one in the family. Well that's what you get when you have a mother that is 5'2" and a father that is 5'5"

If this is something you want to try here's a link to a tutorial. I didn't read the whole thing but it looked like how I did it.

25 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ann, More creative works from Ann!!!! Love the pictures in text edits!!!

You all are really 'little' people, aren't you??? I am 5'5" --and hubby is about 6'2".....

Have a great day tomorrow..
Hugs,
Betsy

aureliaeugenia said...

Love your photoes and it's so good to stay here,play a little bit with Duke...and waitting for the Spring 's coming.
all the best,
aureliaeugenia

Duni said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial - I must try that!!

Jen said...

Doggone it - now I gotta go see if I can figure out how to do the word HORSES.
:o)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

These are awesome, Ann! I have a son-in-law that is passionate about his Mustang. He would love something like this. Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!

Unknown said...

Cool car, and even cooler super-heroes!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to pop over to that tutorial because I really like that effect!

Anonymous said...

Whoops - I don't have Photoshop so I guess I won't be messin' with any of my photos...cool effect tho...

MadSnapper said...

i am so loving your archive diving. keep it up. i have not seen this type before. what fun to do what fun to see for me.

Anonymous said...

Now that's cool! Thanx for the tutorial!

Out on the prairie said...

Fun text to fill in

allotments4you said...

Cool edits Ann....I beat you on the height thing though as I don't reach 5'!!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are totally cool!!!!

Donna said...

These are cool Ann!!
I'll hop over later to check it out!
Thanks...
hughugs

Molly Smith said...

This is a neat technique I want to try. Love how dimensional it looks :)
~Molly

Sandee said...

These are really neat Ann. You are so crafty.

Have a terrific day. My best to Duke. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Those are cool - nice practicing on your computer. How did you get such a tall kiddo? sandie

Marg said...

That is terrific. Don't think I will try it. I am so excited that you want to do the Hokey Pokey with us. Duke can join in too if the wants. Then we can be crafty.

BeadedTail said...

That's pretty cool to have words on the photos like that! I didn't realize you were 5'2" but then again, guess I haven't seen you in person! Sure seems like I would have since I visit you every day!

Reeni said...

These are neat! I'm a shorty too! Short people are cute(r).

Sheryl Hastings said...

I love playing with text! These are great. That bottom one belongs in a frame. Beautiful!

Donna said...

Would you believe that I've never tried it? thanks for the link!

Helen said...

This is way cool!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

That second one is really neat!

Carole Barkett said...

you are a very talented lady, these are wonderful

Related Posts with Thumbnails