Tuesday, April 24, 2018

X marks the spot

Yesterday morning the sun was shining and it was 45 degrees. I know that's cold by some standards but when you've been dealing with 20's and 30's 45 feels pretty good. It put me in the mood for a walk.
As I was walking up the sidewalk an X marked the spot of a little treasure.


So it wasn't a treasure in terms of monetary value but these little pinecones gave me something different to take pictures of. I took their picture on the front porch.


Then I carried them around the yard and took their picture in the forsythia bush, on the rocks next to the deck and hanging from a planter that was sitting on the steps.


It was nice to play with the big camera for a while and then do some more playing getting the pictures ready.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos/edits. I know it was nice to walk outdoors with slightly warmer temps.

Marg said...

Great pictures and good for you to use the pine cones. You all have a terrific day.

Grace said...

I would have liked to see those collage photos on their own, not clumped together. Thank you.

MadSnapper said...

pine cone art it is! i love little pine cones, in the tree and out of the tree and you might remember my burn the pine cones in a pot post a few years ago. useful fun art... yay for sunshine

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a treasure. I love pine cones, I have them all around my house!

Lin said...

45 degrees is something to celebrate after a very long winter. It means that 65 and 75 degrees is coming soon. But, I realized yesterday...that also means that I can't hide this chubby winter body under a coat any longer. EEEK!

Sandee said...

You got outside and in the fresh air and roamed around like you love to do. Excellent way to spend your day off.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Pam said...

Yep...45 degrees is a bit cool for me. Although our 58 is a bit cool for me today. Not being able to warm up for some reason. Loving your creative shots with the pine cones. Nice job.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have elevated them to gorgeousness!!!!!

crafty cat corner said...

Lovely. We are surrounded with beautiful things like these cones but take it all for granted. Take them and really look at them on their own and you have something wonderful.
Briony
x

Unknown said...

Our temps have been bouncing back and forth between the 20s and 80s the last couple of weeks. Hvoc has been sufficiently wreaked with our local peach crop again.

Out on the prairie said...

I am in a t shirt, holding my breath to stay this way. Will send warm to you.

Small Kucing said...

lovely snap. Wish i could pick up some of the cones for decoration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails