Thursday, January 17, 2019

For whatever reason

I'm feeling a bit uninspired today. Maybe it's the cold weather that's making me sluggish. Maybe my brain is taking a mini vacation. I don't know, but I do know that I'm totally winging it here.

A while back I posted about a voice message from Wade that I found on an old phone. Since then I've had a few more instances that make me think he's watching over me. I use the fire stick on one of my TVs and I was checking out what was available on a certain app. As I was scrolling through I saw the show The Rifleman. Wade used to watch that EVERY Saturday morning. When I saw it I said there's your Rifleman Wade but we're not watching it.

Second sign was when I was in Walmart. Wade loved white chocolate Reese's peanut butter cups. You can't always find them but I used to always pick some up when I spotted them. Well the other day I happened to be in Walmart and there on the shelf were white chocolate Reese's peanut butter cups. I didn't buy them though because I don't like like white chocolate. He never had to worry about me eating them.


17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Such sad reminders. Are they comforting or sad to you? Maybe both. I have never heard of or seen the white chocolate Reese's Cups.

Connie said...

There will always be reminders and memories . . . Hold them in your heart.
God bless you.
Connie

Hootin Anni said...

It's probably difficult to have such reminders right now, but I'm sure in time you'll appreciate the little things like this and smile.

Ps...if I crave chocolate, white chocolate is what I get. No caffeine (for the heart).

Donna said...

My Dad always leaves me pennies...on the floor, parking lots, bedroom, patio...It makes me feel happy when they send us reminders. They are ElSinos’.....signs. I believe in them.
Heaven is three feet off the ground in our world...so know they try to let us know they’re around us.
This, I believe wholeheartedly...💗
Hughugs

MadSnapper said...

bobs favortie of all candy is reeses peanut butter cups. my sons always gave him bags of them for presents. I am with Ginny, never seen the white chocolate. I loved the rifleman when it was so popular, did not know it is still out there.. I think it is good to see things that jog our fond memories of loved ones. I think the memories like these are healing our hearts.

Grace said...

As much as I believe in the immortality of the 'soul' sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. You are hyper aware of anything that reminds you of Wade, perhaps that says more about you than about him...Remembering is the way we celebrate the lives of those who have moved on.

Marg said...

I think it is good to have memories although very sad.Hope you have a super day Ann.

Sandee said...

I think they watch over us. Even if that's not true that's what I chose to believe. It's a comfort to me. I love these reminders.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those a beautiful signs from Wade. I like PB cups and I like white chocolate. Why haven't I tried these!!! Looks like a Brighton purse to me.

Ann said...

I would have to say that they are mostly comforting.
It used to be they were only putting the white chocolate ones out at holiday time but lately I've been seeing them more

Ann said...

Actually it's really not. Most of the time I find them comforting and they make me smile

Ann said...

That it is I've been doing a lot of remembering lately

Ann said...

Yes, it really is and it easier to remember the good times now and forget the bad ones

Ann said...

I agree, true or not I believe the same thing.

CheerfulMonk said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for writing from the heart.

peppylady (Dora) said...

What lovely post.
Coffee is on

Terra said...

It is beautiful for you to see these reminders of your hubby. Sometimes I tell my Will "oh you would have loved this", just last night I told him "you would have loved my little dog". Take care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails