Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Best Wishes.

Monday I did some playing in the craft room and made a new card. This one is a little bigger than the ones I normally make. Usually my cards are 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". This one is 5 X 7".



I really hadn't meant to make this. I was browsing through the different things I have available in Cricut design space. The next think I knew I had a bunch of stuff put together so I decided to cut it all out and make a card.

I used various tools to add a bit of texture to the leaves and flowers. The flower centers are puff paint and I also added the puff paint dots around the pink oval. The words were cut out on plain yellow cardstock then I used 2 different colored markers on them to make them stand out a bit more and finished it off with some heat embossing.

20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is gorgeous. In fact, what you did to the letters looks like embroidery.

Small Kucing said...

Whoever who recieved this is indeed very lucky :)

handmade by amalia said...

This is such a fun card, Ann, and the colors are so pretty. I hope that it is going to someone nice.
Amalia
xo

Hootin Anni said...

I'm like Amailia...love tbe colors!

MadSnapper said...

love the embossing and the puff paint, whichi have never heard of before... and just think of all the fun and at the end you have a perfect card

Sandee said...

Very well done. It's good to see you doing projects again. Makes me smile.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

CrystalChick said...

It's a very nice design! Can you believe that for all the many years I've been making cards, I've never invested in a machine. It must be a fun program! Keep creating!!

The Feminine Energy said...

This card is so pretty, Ann. It is bound to cheer up anyone who would receive it. I've discovered a (new to me) YouTuber... her channel is LorriMarie Jenkins. Have you ever watched her? She makes "altered books". You should check her out if you enjoy that sort of thing. Love, Andrea xoxo

Rose said...

This is very, very nice!

Ann said...

Thank you.

Ann said...

Well I have no idea who it will go to because I made it with no one in mind. Maybe one day I'll need it

Ann said...

Thanks. It was a bit brave for me on the colors because I don't normally go with combinations like this

Ann said...

thank you

Ann said...

Thanks. It makes me smile too that I'm doing projects again.

Ann said...

Thanks. As cheap as I am I can't believe I actually splurged on the machine...lol

Ann said...

I don't believe I've seen any of her videos. I'll have to look for them

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

I saw "embroidery" as well...

CheerfulMonk said...

It made me smile. I'm glad you had fun making it, and that it turned out so pretty. :)

Ann said...

I get started with things like this and lose all track of time. It's a great escape for me to get involved in making things

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It came out great. I love that you do crafty things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails