Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Day one

Well yesterday turned out to be quite a productive day. It was looking rather grim at first. I spent almost two hours sitting in front of the computer drinking coffee and enjoying the fact that I didn't have to get up and get dressed.

Once I did get dressed I went down to the basement for something. Gibbs wanted out and while he was attending to his business I started cleaning things up. The next thing I knew I was tearing into things and filling up garbage bags. I spent the majority of my morning tackling the project.
In the afternoon I headed outside to take care of another project. I'm embarrassed to say that the pool liner has been laying in the back yard since last summer when the neighbor tore down the pool. He left the liner and last year I was too overwhelmed with other things to take care of it. So far this year I've been too lazy. I finally went out there and cut it up into smaller pieces and rolled it up so I can put it in a garbage bag. When that was done it was time to come in and get a shower because I was feeling like a total scumbag.

Don't believe me? I have a picture.

Bad hair and totally filthy and I took a selfie. I must be totally nuts. Oh and did you notice I don't have my glasses on? Well when I was down in the basement working every time I bent over to pick something up they were falling off my face. I'm going to have to go back and see if they can adjust them for me.

Hmm, now what to do today.

23 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I love you, Ann!

Ann said...

LOL, if you can look at that picture and say that then that says a lot.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...on your day off? Not me. I'd still be at the computer. You did good! And, you didn't break the camera ... that's good. (Just kidding)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great job on your day off! I need to tackle some projects myself, thanks for the inspiration and your selfie. ~ FlowerLady

MadSnapper said...

Happy Second Day in a row off! hope today is just as productive as yesterday OR that you choose FUN... I love you tooooo and i am laughing my head off because Gibbs looks scared behind you, like what is she doing now... i have those pants and wore them to the YMCA today.... yay for all you accomplished...

Sandee said...

You got a lot done yesterday and you're probably going to get a lot done today. Good for you. It feels good getting things done.

I think you look wonderful and I love you too.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Connie said...

Oh, I bet it feels wonderful having that job behind you. Bless your heart . . . there's so much to do when your by yourself. Brave photo, LOL.

Grace said...

And yet your shirt and pants are color coordinated! Ever the artiste! LOL

BeadedTail said...

You got a lot done on your first day off! Bet that feels great! Bet that shower felt great after all that work too!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You may be dirty, but that is a cute outfit. And you got a lot accomplished! Doing it this way is good, just do what you feel like at the time. I see that Gibbs has successfully photo-bombed your post! I LOVE seeing you!

Ann said...

Believe me I've spent plenty of days off sitting in front of the computer for the majority of the day

Ann said...

Nope, didn't get much done at home today.

Ann said...

Had I known how dirty I was going to get myself I probably would have worn a different shirt

Ann said...

It did feel good to accomplish something for a change. I had planned to do this all much earlier in the year and I sort of fizzled out.

Ann said...

That is my at home outfit. I love the clothes but don't like going out with them on. Not being a skinny minny any more I don't think I look too good in them so only wear them at home

peggy said...

Look at Gibbs, he is one of those who sneak into the picture, I forget what they are called. Tearing into things, unplanned, not worrying about how ya look, cept for the glasses, is my favorite thing to do. If not for that it would be there forever, maybe it's a little fairy that sneaks in and captures us.

Anonymous said...

Yes, get them adjusted...they'll do it as many times as you need. When I was sick and spaced out on drugs nothing got done so I've been playing catch up. I still have to weed the upped bed but it's been too darn hot..the weeds will just get bigger and easier to see...:)jp

Marg said...

Good for you to get that done. Good job. It does feel so good to get jobs done like that. We think you look great.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

pretty sure, when you next go into garage or out to the back yard - you will feel chuffed at your achievments

Pam said...

Glad to see that there is someone else out there like me that really gets into the dirty stuff! I always wondered about folks that could go out and plant flowers, clean up the yard or do things like that and stay clean looking...ME NEVER! I got out to pick a flower and I get nasty! haha....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go on getting the pool liner cut up and in the trash!

Rose said...

You have been busy, girl! If Lorelei was not here, this would so inspire me to get busy.

Donna said...

Hahaaa...dirty little girl!! Good for you! I've had the cleaning bug lately too...but Nothing like you!
LOVE the selfie!! And look at the Gibber...he's wondering who you're talking to!Hahaa
hughugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails