Monday, July 29, 2019

Crafting time

Saturday morning I managed to get in some crafting time. A while back I had made a card using a free cut file from Dreaming Tree. I liked how it turned out except for it was a bit smaller than I had realized and I messed up by losing a small piece that went under the heal, then I smudged some glue  and it also looked like I smeared some black ink.

A close up of the oopses.

A couple weeks later I gave it another try only this time I resized it to make it larger. I wish I would have used the softer pink like I did in the first version but other than that I was happy with it. I also added some stamping this time.

In the pictures it's hard to tell the difference in size so I did a side by side comparison. The second one is a 5"x7" card.

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Really fancy! And of course I like the second one best. In this case, bigger IS better!

Hootin Anni said...

I like the 2nd one better! You have my vote.

Rose said...

I love both! That smudge just looks like a bit of a shadow in the first.

MadSnapper said...

they are both beautiful to me and no one would notice the smudge unless you mentioned it. looks like shading to me... I love that shoe... I have always loved pretty shoes and now I can't wear them anymore.

Sandee said...

Very pretty. You are so crafty. I wish I was.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Lin said...

Oh, that is so CUTE!!

CheerfulMonk said...

I like the softer pink better, but I love that shoe! And I don't even wear heels.

Ann said...

The smaller one is ok for the size but I prefer a card just a little bigger. Normally I do a 4.25 x 5.5 but the last few cards I've done have been 5x7

Ann said...

thanks

Ann said...

Thanks. I love these free files that all I have to do is upload and hit cut.

Ann said...

The website where I got the file from has the nicest stuff

Ann said...

Same here on the softer pink. I always wished I could wear heels like that but I never could. Even a shorter heel killed me.

The Liberty Belle said...

Great job! Both shades of pink work.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

and love your process photos as well...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That has got to be one of the cutest cards I've ever seen!

Ann said...

Thank you I didn't even realize I was using a different shade of pink on the second one until after I was done

Ann said...

Thank you

Reeni said...

So CUTE!! I love the darker pink!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails