Sunday, August 4, 2019

Just saying hello

One of the nicest things about being off from work is that I make more time to play in my craft room. As of right now, I've completed two cards and started on a project using a charger plate. More on that when I get it done.

The card I have today is a free cut file from Birds Cards. She has such a nice variety of cards to choose from.


The free file included the card base and the printed paper shape. I added the other piece. I started with a pain white piece of cardstock and was going to just ink the edges but the next thing I knew I was rubbing the ink on the entire piece. Then a happy accident happened. I had blue ink on one end of the sponge and red on the other end. I accidentally used the wrong end to rub the ink in but I liked the way it looked. I finished it up by inking the edges a little more then stamping the sentiment and heat embossing it.

21 comments:

MadSnapper said...

what a happy accident. I love the smudgy part of the card more than the other parts. its beautiful....

Anonymous said...

You do creative things like that and I play solitaire while Katniss naps on my lap...:)jp

Hootin Anni said...

Oh Ann, this is ANOTHER exceptional beauty!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is really pretty!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW that floral border is so delicate and beautiful Ann
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sandee said...

You are so talented.

I'm glad you're enjoying your days off.

Have a fabulous Sunday, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

That is a very pretty card - I should get some 'Just thinking of you cards" - they would be fun to send.

Pam said...

That is awesome. Very pretty.

Rose said...

That really is beautiful...I loved how the happy accident turned into one of the most beautiful parts of the card.

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh how pretty, Ann! You have such a creative spirit, my friend. I think it's wonderful that you can use your creativity both at home and at work... with your beautiful cakes. My oldest daughter is thinking about a Cricut-type machine for Christmas. I've been telling her about the beautiful cards you make. Love, Andrea xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Even your mistakes are gorgeous!!! A charging plate...I can't imagine!!

Ann said...

Thanks

Ann said...

That's what I love about the cricut. It can cut things I would never be able to in a million years.

Ann said...

thanks

Ann said...

Thanks. Yes, they would be fun to send and fun to get too.

Ann said...

thank you

Ann said...

Thanks. If your daughter does a lot of crafting I think she would love a cricut or other type of cutting machine.

Ann said...

Well some of my mistakes don't look so good but this one worked out.

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray for happy accidents! I'm so glad you have some time off.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

agree

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great job, it's a beautiful card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails