Friday, August 9, 2019

Another card

I have yet another card that I made on my long weekend. I had a really hard time with this one. Not so much the assembly part but with picking out papers to use. Matching colors and patterns has always been a struggle for me. Sometimes more than others and this one really gave me trouble. In the end I was pleased with what I chose.

When you see the inside, you'll notice that I used a different paper for the top of the cupcake. I was going to use that same paper on the front of the card but I didn't like it. I considered using it and covering it some glitter but then I remembered that I had some glitter foam so I used that to cut the top of the cupcake. I liked the look.


Now for the inside. This is another pop up. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the little swirly things. I don't care for where I put them but it'll do.


I was going to do 2 small cupcakes along with the big one but ended up just doing what you see here. I spent way too much time making this one. Maybe the more I make them the less time it will take me.
This is just another view of the inside.

16 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Extraordinary! Here again, I love the colors.

Rose said...

I love it....everything about it.

Pam said...

You should be pleased....that is great! Love it.

Grace said...

Nope, I think you got it just right - # of cupcakes, swirly things - Just right!

MadSnapper said...

I love the colors and I love the swirly things. this is really a beautiful card. just think what a young girl would love to get.. looks pretty darned perfect to me

Sandee said...

Beautiful and I too love the colors.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is adorable. And when you open it, it is a huge WOW moment! It is really stunning. I really love the pattern matches. Also the mom & baby cupcakes. Everything about it.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm with them! It turned out great. :)

Ann said...

Thanks. I found that matching colors and patterns is a bit easier if I stick to papers that came in the same pack. They usually all go well together

Ann said...

Thank you.

Ann said...

Well thank you. I think this is a card that I'll make again and maybe just change the colors up from time to time

Ann said...

Thank you

Ann said...

Thanks. I really like the pop up type cards. They add a little bit more fun

Ann said...

thank you

Reeni said...

Super cute! I love it!

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

well it looks all right to me...and I suspect whomever receives it will think so to...we can get so hung up on stuff at times...

Related Posts with Thumbnails