Monday, August 5, 2019

You can never have too many birthday cards

So I made another one. This is another z fold card. I found some clipart on clipart library I downloaded the clipart and then in photoshop elements I got rid of the white background and saved it as a png file. Then I uploaded the png to Cricut design space and saved it as a print and cut. From there it was just a matter of gluing the pieces on my card base.


Rather than use a plain card base I decided to stamp the bottom strip with a green ink. I randomly stamped the swirl all over it. The front side I decided to do score lines for a little texture. I meant to ink the edges and it got a little sloppy. Not entirely happy with that but it is what it is.

You can't tell from the picture but I also used some glitter pens on the flames, candles  and cupcake icing.

14 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

It's cute. I especially like the cupcake. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Love the color you chose to use.

MadSnapper said...

i think the cutouts make the card special. love the candles, you know my penchant for FIRE... i like the dark ink swirls on the bottom to... 3 d cards are so much better than flat to me, now that i am seeing the ones you make. that cricut is amazing

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice and I love the glitter pens too! I think mine have dried up though...I need some new ones! Have fun!

Sandee said...

Looks like you've had some great days off doing what you want to do. Excellent.

Have a fabulous last day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, this process is all so complex that it makes my head spin. You are The Master Of Cards.

Rose said...

You are so talented...I really like this one.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Saw that on Facebook and it's so darn cute. No, you cannot have too many birthday cards.

Ann said...

Thanks.

Ann said...

I originally pulled out a yellow for the card base but then decided on that green instead.

Ann said...

I have. I haven't gone very many places but I've enjoyed myself right here at home

Ann said...

Aww, thank you.

Pam said...

I just love your work. Great job and so glad to see you getting back into crafting. Now if I can get there the world would seem to be righting itself some.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

you've got your crafting mojo back...and of course have days to oneself does help; no outside pressure - and yes you can never have too many cards, the only issue might be "which one?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails