Saturday, September 5, 2020

Just another day

I was back to my regular job yesterday. As with any job, there are always some things that you dislike doing more than others. Mine is the daily breakout. It consists of bringing a big cart out of the freezer and pulling the product to be baked the next day. It's not difficult but I HATE doing it. The deli manager, who works the bakery on my day off, HATES doing cakes. Whenever there is a cake order for a Saturday, we make a deal, I'll do her cake and she'll do my breakout. 

In this past week she has done my breakout twice for me because I was off doing other jobs in the store. Yesterday morning she jokingly made the comment that I was going to owe her. Well, I think we're even now, because about 30 minutes before my shift was over a customer came in and ordered a cake for today. I managed to get this done in less than half an hour.


12 comments:

The Feminine Energy said...

You are a cake wizard, Ann! Gorgeous! Love, Andrea xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is gorgeous, too! She came in half an hour before closing and expected a custom cake? That is some kind of good service! You must have had a blank cake already baked and waiting to decorate.

Hootin Anni said...

No sweat...easy peasy. I could've had the cake decorated in 15 minutes flat! NOT!!

you do excellent work, to be sure.

MadSnapper said...

you could explain to her that your TALENTS are wasted doing that mundane breakout work, and you need to spend your skills on cakes, not pushing carts. Stand back when you tell her, she might slap you. ha ha.. i love the balloons.

Rose said...

I could not have did that in half a day!

Martha said...

The trade off works and definitely sounds like you're even, it's another masterpiece! Have a great weekend :)

Grace said...

Oh that is a fun cake!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a good deal you two have made!

Ann said...

Andrea, thanks. This is sort of a repeat of a previous cake. I have a book of pictures of a lot of the cakes I have made. People can look through it and choose a design that way.

Ginny, It was only a half hour before the end of my shift. I leave at 2 and the store closes at 9. They were ordering it for the next day also so it wasn't really last minute. I just got it done quick so that the girl working the bakery the next day didn't have to do it. All our cakes are shipped in frozen. We don't bake them there.

Anni, wanna race?

Grace, thanks. It's super easy too. balloons take less time than flowers

Forsythia said...

I like the colors on this cake.

CheerfulMonk said...

The customer was the winner...you decorate beautiful cakes.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

nice one Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails