Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Cutting it close

Since it's getting awfully close to Amanda's wedding day, I figured I had better stop my procrastinating and get started on a project that I told her I would make. I offered to make a cake topper using my Cricut. These types of cake toppers have become quite popular and this is the first one that I've attempted. Without further ado here is what will be going on the top of her cakeJust as a side note this is not your typical layered cake that you see at most weddings. Since this is going to be a small affair, she's just getting a half sheet cake and this will be surrounded by flowers.

I had no idea that gluing regular card stock to glitter card stock was going to be such a pain in the butt. I had a really hard time getting the black to stick but in the end I won.

13 comments:

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

awesome

MadSnapper said...

This will be really pretty in the center of a flat cake and with the flowers around it. Are they going to be real flowers are they going to be icing flowers? And how are you going to decorate it?

MadSnapper said...

Not how are you going to decorate it but are you going to decorate it

Hootin Anni said...

I like it. Yep, it's a winner!

Jeanette said...

That's really nice and also a wonderful keepsake for your daughter!

crafty cat corner said...

One word. Beautiful.
Briony
x

The Feminine Energy said...

I can't wait to see the pictures from Amanda's wedding, Ann. The cake topper is beautiful and I wouldn't have guessed about the glitter stock either. Are you going to decorate her cake too, at the store? ~Andrea xoxoxo

Rose said...

That is going to be just perfect! Since it is small affair, I don't blame her for her choice of cake.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never seen one like this, it is soprofessionaly done! LOVE the kitty!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm glad you motivated yourself to work on that. I love it. You did an awesome job.

Sandee said...

What a lovely topper. I'm glad you got it done. Love the pup and kitty. Adorable.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Carol said...

What a cute cake topper, but I have never seen a topper made from a Cricut. I think it will be perfect on a small sheet cake. I will be looking forward to your photos from the big day!

Ida said...

That's a really cute cake topper.

Related Posts with Thumbnails