Thursday, October 27, 2022

big delivery

So a while back I posted about my plumbing issues in the bathroom. He's been here three times changed and fixed certain things but still my issue continues. The problem is the plumbing inside the wall which he can't get to. I had two choices I could do a cheaper redneck thing or bite the bullet and have him rip out the whole tub. After getting an estimate, I decided that I would invest the money and have it done right. I'm going with a walk-in shower instead of a tub this time because that's just what I prefer. Monday he came over and dropped it off and then next Monday he'll be starting the work

Monday morning, 8:00 a.m. he'll be ripping into my bathroom. The work is supposed to take about 3 days so I'm taking off Tuesday and Wednesday too. It's a bit scary spending the money but I'm also pretty excited. I'll be showing before and after pictures later. 

13 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you're getting it fixed so you don't have to worry about it any more.

Hootin Anni said...

A walk in shower sounds terrific. And les danger of slipping and falling!!!

Grace said...

OMG - Is that a Kohler Luxstone shower? Wish they were available when I had my bathroom done, they came out about a year after I did my bathroom. I hope you are getting at least one grab bar - better now than later and even if you don't really need it you'll find you use it. Go You! How wonderful!

MadSnapper said...

yay for repairs in the wall and NEW SHOWER. i love a walkin shower, and in fact have rarely taken a tub bath . All the years I lived with my parents we all took showers in the tub. and in KY had walk in shower, and since then have never used a tub. can't wait to watch the installation

Lori said...

Right before the pandemic we had our bathroom redone and took the tub out and had a walk in shower put in. We love it and I'm sure you will too.
Can't wait to see pictures.

Rose said...

How I wish that we could do that...cant wait to see th÷ before and after

betty said...

Glad you are doing this, Ann! We need to update both of our bathrooms but haven't taken the "plunge" yet. Maybe seeing your pictures when the project is complete will give me inspiration to get something scheduled here!

betty

Jeanette said...

Oh that's nice! And a lot safer for you too! Can't wait to see pictures! I'm sure you will love it and be glad you spent the money!

Lin said...

Oooh! Now that is some fancy "lemonade" coming out of that lemon of a project. I think you are going to be sooo happy with that walk in shower! Hooray! Best to cut your losses and do it right. I think you will be so happy that you did.

Sandee said...

It's a dusty mess, but ever so worth it. Our guy is here today putting the rock flooring in our second bath upstairs. Looking good.

I want to see the before and after shots.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

happyone said...

Sounds like a smart thing to do. Get it fixed once and for all.
We don't have a tub, just a walk in shower and we love it. I'm not one for baths.

DeniseinVA said...

I think the shower is a great idea. I hope you'll share it when it is finished. I've been thinking about doing something similar in our bathroom.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think you made the right choice. Glad you are also taking those days off. I hope it all goes well for you. I would have picked the shower also.

Related Posts with Thumbnails