Saturday, October 15, 2022

Say what?



Yesterday morning I was on my way to work. There is one stop light in our little town. There was a car in front of me, the light was red and they had their left turn signal on. As I was sitting there I noticed that the license plate was rather crooked. The next thing I know they made their left turn while the light was still red. Really? Are you kidding me?



I told you yesterday that I had talked to the ex-husband. My phone rang, I answered it, said hello and the next thing I hear is hi this is your ex husband. Really? Are you kidding me? We were married for 21 years I'm pretty sure I know what his voice sounds like there was no need to identify himself.



Wednesday I got to work and the floors were as dirty as they were when I left on Tuesday. I left a note for the girl who closed on Tuesday night telling her that the floors needed to be mopped every night. I also told her that there was no way she could make me believe that she mopped the floors. I ended the note with don't make me come back to have this discussion with you. Thursday morning the floors were clean. I thought my note had worked until I went in Friday morning and saw that once again the floors were dirty. Really? Are you kidding me?

Anni asked yesterday why I don't like doing a full sheet cake. Well, they're big, they take me a lot longer to do than the 1/4 and 1/2 sheet cakes do. For some reason it takes me forever to frost them. I keep fussing with getting the icing smoothed out on the top of them. 

9 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

When my sister leaves a message on my answering machine she always identifies herself as "your sister." Like you and your ex, I do recognize the voice but I guess it's better not to make assumptions.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So what will you do about the non-mopper? Hey, I saw Pioneer Woman lint rollers today! did you ever! Designer lint rollers!

Hootin Anni said...

Here in Texas it's legal to make a left turn on a red light (just as a right turn on red).
That mopper clipart reminds me of Carol Burnett closing credits (TV).

So...you strive for a smooth top icing?

Rose said...

I can sure see dreading to do a full sheet cake! I thought the Copper was like Carol.Burnett, too.

Lori said...

Sounds like the employee is trying to test you with the floors. Time to pop in during her shift and see what is going on. lol

betty said...

I guess that car got impatient waiting at the light and decided to turn left? Somehow I'm thinking that non-mopper might be out of a job soon if they can't do the basic responsibilities of their job.

betty

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What....He couldn't say his name! I can't believe that.
Sorry about that girl at work. She needs to do better than that!
Crazy car at the light too! Take care and try to relax.

happyone said...

I remember when you couldn't even turn right on a red light!!!

DeniseinVA said...

We have had a couple of scary moments lately with people doing strange maneuvers on the road, got the heart pumping. Sorry about the woman and the floors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails