Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Just chit chat

Ever since my boss passed away I am the first one into the store every morning. Sunday is my least favorite day of the week. This past Sunday, I thought it would be a great idea to start work an hour early that way I could leave an hour early. That meant I got to work and punched in at 4:00 a.m.. it was a heavenly 3 hours all by myself and I accomplished quite a bit. The only problem was that when I got home I was really tired. That's why there was no post yesterday. As soon as I got home I hit the couch and slept off and on (mostly on) until midnight. I never went near my computer.

 Monday for my day off I did very little. I did go out for a bit and stopped at Dollar Tree to browse. They had an end cap of all kinds of things that were new to the store Dollar Tree seems to be stepping up their game on crafting items. They've added quite a few real nice things. 

I also satisfied a craving that I've had recently. Make that two cravings because the other day I made buffalo chicken dip. My other craving was for chicken stir fry. That was my dinner yesterday and boy was it delicious

I'll eat leftovers for the next two days and I'll put a little container in the freezer for a quick meal another night.

17 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

The most important thing is you take care of yourself and get plenty of rest and some fun. That chicken stir fry looks great!

Hootin Anni said...

I love most oriental dishes. And this stir fry looks delicious.

MadSnapper said...

we both love chicken or smoked sausage stir fry, I do that when I have left over veggies that need to be used. I have even used left over yellow squash. just about any meat/veggie combo is good with rice. I put cold rice in the pan and stir it with the veggies. sounds like your day off had a little FUN, and our Dollar Tree is full of all kinds of crafts, there are now 2 aisles of it.

Rose said...

Your meal sounds delicious! Sometimes we just need to sleep...

CrystalChick said...

Your chicken stir fry looks good, and definitely nice to have leftovers.
You're right, DT does have some cool crafty things. I recently bought a lot of sticker packs for my grands for Christmas, but many of them I'd be glad to use for some of my cards. Well, haven't done any in a while, but when I get back to them eventually... I'm going to look again. I've bought lots of other things at DT, too, not just crafts.
~Mary

Liz Hinds said...

I love it when you make enough to last for two days. And that stir fry looks good. WE don't have a Dollar Tree but we do have similar and I am always tempted by the crafts - but manage to resist as I know they'll just end up in my 'Box' and not be used.

Lori said...

Your stir fry looks delicious!! Sounds like you had a good day off.

Sandee said...

We're having stir fry tonight. Love stir fry.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

The Happy Whisk said...

Back when I worked retail we'd go in a few hours before the customers. OMG. Heaven. Though some nights before, we'd close. Less fun. Though after the second day, we went home early. It all sorta worked out.

Excellent on the food. Here's to leftovers!!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It does look so good, and real healthy as well. I see so many things on the end cap that you could do something great with! Did you buy any? Guess I will make a trip there. Dollar General also has quite a few nice new things. Now that Christmas is over, new things are starting to appear in the stores. And Valentine candy by the tons!

Pam said...

Your stir fry does look great! I understand, there are somedays that I come home from errands, venue or town and think I can get so much done (and I don't put in the hours you do) but when I come in after the drive, I just want to rest a few mins....haha, sometimes that few mins of resting becomes a nap, sometimes it becomes a LONG nap, sometimes I don't nap, but I don't hav eit in me to get it up and go doing things I need to do. SUCKS!

Lin said...

You and I are thinking alike: warm, comfort foods and let's stock up on craft stuff! I am buying fabric to make some new quilts. God, I hope I can my machine to work. Fingers crossed.

e said...

I hope you enjoyed your leftovers and the sleep. We all need rest and time to ourselves.

happyone said...

That sure is early to get up.
Great idea to make enough food for a few days. We do that a lot.

Donna said...

Dang, that stir fry looks GOOD!
I'll have to make some.
Hugs
Donna

DeniseinVA said...

Oh that does look good!!! Sounds like your body was talking to you and I'm glad you got your rest.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I would have slept too! Those craft items look nice. Yum on the things you ate. Looks delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails