Sunday, January 22, 2023

Recycling project

Yesterday I decided to throw together a quick gift using an old peanut butter jar. Yes, I buy the cheap generic peanut butter. I'm not choosy so I don't choose Jif.

I filled the jar with 1 2 3 cake mix. Made a label using the print and cut feature on my cricut and then applied it to the jar along with a direction label.


I also purchased a cheap set of measuring spoons. I only needed the tablespoon one so I took the ring from the set and glued it to the lid to hang the measuring spoon from. 

Then I finished off the gift with these ramekin dishes I found at Dollar Tree. They are the perfect size for making the cake. I had tried to use ones that I already had but they were a little too small. You can also just make this in a coffee cup.

If you've never heard of 1 2 3 cake, it's an angel food cake mix (must be the kind that only has one bag in the mix. If it has 2 bags it won't work) and one other kind of cake any kind. You mix the two together and store in an airtight container. To make it you mix 3 Tbs of the cake mix, 2 Tbs of water and microwave for 1 minute. Sometimes I add some chocolate chips or a little bit of peanut butter. It's a quick little dessert. 

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a cute gift! I have never heard of this little cake, it is so cool!! I may have to try it.

DeniseinVA said...

What a great idea! Like Ginny said, it would make a cute gift.

MadSnapper said...

I have not heard of this mix, but have 3 different recipes for making a cake in a mug. I adusted one and use gluten free flour and sweet n low for sugar, not as good but helps my sweet tooth. I have always bought Jif but in 2020 it disapeared and i had to buy this one and it is good, bob still prefers jifm but we have 3 jars of this so he will be eating it for a long time

Donna said...

Ahhh! This is a different mix! Sounds good! What a cute gift!
And no...having lunch out with a daughter doesn't count...Lololol
I should have said, "no blood relations allowed",,,Lolol
tart!
hugs
Donna

Grace said...

Well ain't that just the most clever and thoughtful thing ever. Love that you attached the measuring spoon to the jar - Damn, girl you are so clever and creative.

Lori said...

Such a cute gift idea. I love it.

Rose said...

That is a great gift and one that will give lasting pleasure.

happyone said...

Ive not heard of this either. What a great idea for a gift!!! or for a quick snack for yourself!!

Hootin Anni said...

Clever idea

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a great idea. I'm not a cake eater but I would love to try making it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is a really cute gift you made. I haven't heard of that but it will be fun to try it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails