Thursday, January 12, 2023

Progress

I'm feeling quite accomplished.


 Yesterday when I came home from work I convinced myself to do a little work on the declutter project. My goal is to get the two spare bedrooms in my house taken care of. One is my craft room and the other is the room where all the overflow craft stuff and anything else that doesn't have a home goes. They've gotten quite out of control and I found the job of cleaning them up quite overwhelming.


 The plan when I went in was to tackle one section. I tore apart the one wall at Christmas time so that I could use the crates for my Village. The crates actually are being used in the craft room as shelving. I took everything off put things into piles and will eventually get things put back. The last assignment I gave myself for the day was to go through a box full of colored pens and markers and throw away any that didn't work.

Today is garbage day so I had a bag filled to go outside. Now if only I can keep this up.


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good for you! The hardest part is the first part because there is so much that it is just overwhelming. But it gets better as it goes on. It is true that even only five minutes a day will really add up!!

CheerfulMonk said...

Good for you! I agree with Ginny, baby steps and patience works too.

Rose said...

As long as you are making progress, it is good.

MadSnapper said...

this makes me think it is great that i live in a small house with only one extra room. if there were more rooms I might fill them with stuff. good job making a start and all this activity of cleaning/organizing will give you Lots of FODDER to Feed us, espceially Ginny and I who always want more details

e said...

It sounds like you are off to a good start. Good for you! I do rooms in sections when decluttering which keeps me motivated. I wish you continued success!

Lori said...

Focusing on one room at a time is good. You got this!!

Donna said...

I'm 71 girlie...You've Got This! Just keep saying...Move your butt!
I' Very proud of you!
hugs
Donna

CrystalChick said...

Hope you're able to keep it up and inspire me to work on the clutter here! My craft room is a horror right now. It's wonderful to have all the supplies, but I can do better organizing them. Problem is, whenever I learn a new craft, I don't want to give up the old ones so I keep all the things in case I get back to this or that.
~Mary

Liz Hinds said...

Well done! I need to do that too. I am looking at the jar of pencils on my desk. Each time I want to use one I struggle to find one with a point. But I make do rather than sharpen them all. Maybe that would be a good place for me to start.

DeniseinVA said...

Applauding! I am hoping you will give me some inspiration. Badly need to declutter around here.

Carol said...

Great job! I am attempting to declutter a bit this year too. I had a list to keep me on track, but I am not sure where I put it. I will search for it tomorrow.

Jeanette said...

Doesn't it feel good? Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started!

happyone said...

I enjoy doing a good sort through and such a good feeling when done.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go! You should be very proud of yourself.

DeniseinVA said...

You've made good progress. I am hoping you will inspire me. I once read that if we were having a hard time getting motivated, to start with throwing out five things. I tried this and though it took a long time I cleared up my craft room. As I kept doing those five things I found myself gathering momentum. I'm having a hard time starting those five things right now though ;)

The Happy Whisk said...

If I lived closer I would have offered to come and help you. I freakin’ LOVE decluttering. Though I know, it can be a lot. It can be hard to keep going but the little I’ve gotten to know you already, I see you as a strong and powerful chickee. You totally got this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails