Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Another new hobby

 In addition to the drawing every day, I've added something new. I decided I wanted to learn how to do fancy lettering. I'm still learning and these are pretty rough but it's another enjoyable way to spend an evening. I purchased a book called Hand Lettering for Relaxation. It has blank pages in it for practicing all the lessons. I didn't want to write in the book though and I have quite a few sketch books. I decided I would do the lessons in one of those.






I've since learned to use a ruler instead of relying on my ability to write in a straight line. I don't know if I'm getting any better or not but I've enjoyed doing this.

10 comments:

Patricia said...

Hello there. I'm a blog returner and still finding my way round again. I too am trying to improve my lettering, to no avail I'm afraid. I love yours, they look great. I was going to drop you a line to say how did you add your own header picture? Plus how have you created your line of Home, about.....etc? hope you don't mind me asking.
Pat

MadSnapper said...

I like the me time lettering a lot.. you already have beautiful hand writing skills and these are super great to me. I will not be able to copy cat these skills. I can barely write cursive now and my printing is messy... it would be easy to do in procreate, but no talent at all for this.

Rose said...

I like them all!

Sandee said...

Love them all and that last one is spot on. Beautiful.\

Have a fabulous day, Ann. A big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

Isn't this called Calligraphy? This is unbelievable. Your work looks like it is the example in the book!!!! You just have so much talent for anything with writing, drawing, or painting!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. You got my e-mail?

Liz Hinds said...

Are you writing with a calligraphic pen? They are so difficult to get right. You're doing great.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So that is your writing? It looks great!

HappyK said...

That is a lovely new hobby. My SIL has done that for years.

DeniseinVA said...

They all look great to me. I should use a ruler as I notice in particular my writing on envelopes goes upwards or downwards. I love looking at pretty handwriting and am looking forward to seeing more of them when you feel like sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails