Friday, July 12, 2024

A day out.

The holiday week for the 4th, I had two days off in a row. I had my usual Monday and I also had Tuesday off. I had to work on the holiday but it was time and a half and it wasn't a full day so it was no big deal. Plus I didn't have any plans any way.

Any way, since I had two days off in a row, I decided that I would go out and do something on one of them. I headed to the Millcreek mall since that's always good for a walk. Besides, on a Monday it wouldn't be very busy. It looks empty in this picture but there were plenty of people walking around and shopping.


I even saw a llama. The picture is horrible because I tried to get it real quick while I was walking by. He had a sign on him that said "do not hug me"

I stopped to admire all the wind spinners that were in this window.

I also stopped at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I didn't buy much of anything. It was more a day just to get out of the house and do some walking.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! I find it so sad that malls are becoming a thing of the past. But what goes around comes around, and I hope to see them real popular again. They are perfect for shopping in bad weather, and for making walking fun.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you went. Window shopping is fun, and malls make walking fun.

MadSnapper said...

yay for your outing, and I assume the llama was alive, and of course if it was I would have needed a sign to tell me don't hug. ha ha... I wish we still had our mall to wander in. even bob liked to meander down it and watch people

Rose said...

I can relate to the walking...even when I go to Walmart I park quite a ways out to get in more walking.

Lori said...

Glad you got out of the house a bit. I used to love to walk around a mall but ours has really gone down. It's probably half empty which is sad. Happy Friday Ann!!

Donna said...

Feels good to get out...especially when you don't have to!
hugs
Donna

Komal Jha said...

Dear, I always like and flow your blog because your blog is very informative for us.My special. https://meditationuk.blogspot.com/

Lin said...

Did you see all the Christmas and Fall stuff at Hobby Lobby?! It's crazy early! It is nice to get out and walk in air conditioning and try to avoid spending any money. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It sounds like a great day. So glad you were able to do that.

HappyK said...

Sounds like you had a nice day out.
The couple of malls that are kind of near to us are always empty with most of the stores gone out of business.

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you had such a nice time and glad you got two days off. Malls are great places for people to get their exercise out of all this heat. We have seen a few close around here and I am hoping our last one will be around for a while.

Related Posts with Thumbnails