Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Red white and blue

 I had a cake order to do on the 4th of July. What other colors can you put on a 4th of July cake besides red, white and blue.


In other news:

Yesterday Grace left the following comment: I love the bird one - it has a 'style' to it - like your trolls and the ladies. And I'm admiring your technique - is that all instinct or have you been taking lessons, so to be speak, like instructional videos - I was particularly struck by the eyes on the zebra and the shading on the the ice pops...

No, I haven't been taking any lessons or watching videos. I go through Pinterest and find pictures that I like and try and copy them. Some are almost identical to the picture I'm working from and some I just go with the concept or take parts and work from there. I have a board on Pinterest with the label "Artsy Fun" When I find something I think I might want to try and draw I pin it to that board. 

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I need to go to your Pinterest board!! Love the cake, it is not overly patriotic!

CheerfulMonk said...

I love, love, love that cake! The colors sing.

Rose said...

I love that cake!

MadSnapper said...

so true, born on the 4th of July, what else could they do? many years ago, I did a doll cake, remember the ones with the cake as a hoopskirts and stick a doll up to her waist? my aunts was red, white and blue. I need to find the photo.

Katerinas Blog said...

There is also a movie born on the 4th of July!!
The colors of the cake are perfect!
Yes, you definitely have a talent that is never too late to cultivate!!
I started studying to write better at the age of 46 and I'm still doing it... Have a great day!

Lori said...

The cake is pretty. You really are very talented in many ways. Enjoy your Tuesday.

Sandee said...

I love that cake. I took a slice. Delicious.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Grace said...

OK - so sheer talent! I wish you would do more ladies - there could be a whole theme/story line with them - You know the ones I'm talking about? The ones in this post - https://annssnapeditscrap.blogspot.com/2024/05/wheres-my-markers.html

And your cats are terrific and your birds - but your mushrooms and your trolls are topnotch - they always make me smile - would be great on mugs or tote bags - you should think about opening a redbubble or zazzle store - they are print on demand - don't require you to make/ship the items. Think about it. 💜💜

Liz Hinds said...

Lovely cake!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, of course it has to be red, white and blue. It looks so pretty.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Definitely you would do red, white and blue. The cake is very pretty.

HappyK said...

I think the cake looks great.
Does blue icing still give you a blue tongue and lips. :)

DeniseinVA said...

Your latest cake, yes, red white and blue. Very pretty! I thought about the smile this must have brought to a mother’s face. I am going over to Pinterest to find your board. I go there all the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails