Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Slipping

 Having a dog in the house, and me not always being very diligent about making sure he has clean paws, can make for a mess on the furniture. My couch in the cave didn't look that bad but I found some slip covers that were very inexpensive and they even had one that would fit the lounge cushion. I didn't bother getting slip covers for the back cushions. Mostly because I didn't want the added expense but also because they are actually attached to the sofa and I didn't know how well the covers would fit on them.

I was happy with how these looked and I think even Gibbs approved. The color is a perfect match to the actual couch.



The best part is that if he gets these too dirty I can pull them off and throw them in the wash. Now I don't need to put the blanket on the end of the one cushion anymore either. I don't know why I ever bothered, because he rarely confined his muddy paws to that part of the couch any way.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, it is really nice! It looks soft and inviting. And does not even look like covers. It is perfect.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm happy for you both! ❤️

MadSnapper said...

I can't believe how well it matches the other cushions. great find. we have leather because with very large dogs and we had 3 large dogs when we bought this leather, have large paws and we had 12 paws and 2 people...

Rose said...

These will be money well spent!

Lori said...

They are a perfect match. It looks really nice. These will save you a lot of time and headache.

Katerinas Blog said...

Really beautiful,
fitting and above all practical!

Sandee said...

I so remember Angel Little Bit and her dirty paws. Always a mess. You took care of this very nicely.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They look great! Those should work out well.

HappyK said...

Looks great.
My dog used to wait at the door to get her feet wiped before coming in the house :)

DeniseinVA said...

Great choice, your couch looks wonderful. I have been thinking about getting slipcovers to brighten our furniture up a bit.

Donna said...

I'm very happy for the Gibber! He's worth the investment...look at that face!
Oh...and I love the covers...!!
hugs
Donna

Debbie Nolan said...

This looks like the perfect solution to a pooch's muddy paws. You could not have found anything that matched better. Take care - Hugs!

Ida said...

Nice looking slip covers. I like the texture and of course it's neat they are washable and Gibbs approved.

Pam said...

Best type of couch...washable

Related Posts with Thumbnails