Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Gated community

 I bet you didn't know that I live in a gated community. I have gates everywhere in my house to keep Gibbs from wandering and getting himself in trouble.

First there is the gate that confines him to the part of the basement where he spends his day while I'm at work. He also sleeps here at night because he can't be trusted in my bedroom. This keeps him out of the Ann cave


There is also another gate there to keep him from going over to the other part of the basement. If I let him have access to that part he will lift his leg on every single thing that sits over there.


Next up is the newest gate that keeps him from going all the way into the Ann cave while I'm on my computer. If I'm not paying close enough attention to him, he would lift his leg on things here as well. While I'm busy on the computer he will go over in his section and lay on his bed and be a good boy.

Then there is the gate that keeps him from going upstairs while we are in the Ann cave watching tv. This is mostly needed for those times when I might fall asleep while watching tv and he thinks it would be a good opportunity to explore the upstairs and see what he can lift his leg on.

Are you noticing a pattern here? I know you find it hard to believe that Gibbs would behave so ungentlemanly but it's true. With careful observation he has gotten better but he still can't be trusted.

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief!! He is a much naughtier boy than I had thought! When we had our cat Simba, only a few months ago, we bought a very high gate to keep him out of the bedroom. He jumped over it. But I guess cats are better jumpers than dogs.

MadSnapper said...

I had no idea he did this, I knew you said he lifted his leg but I thought not with you in the same room.. you need that guy that used to be on TV show that came to the house and trained your to train the dog to stop... can't remember his name. yes, you are in a gated community for sure...

Rose said...

I, too, remember you saying he lifted his leg but did not know it was this bad. I live in a gated community too but for different reasons. Copper cant go upstairs because if the cat...he just wants to smell her but she wants no part of that.

Then of the day. He is also not allowed down in the basement unless his mom is here. Or if I am putting him in his room.

Lin said...

Oh my! He IS a naughty boy! The whole thing is really annoying, I'm sure. Just be careful with all those gates and don't try to step over them and get hurt or fall. I've done that.

Sandee said...

I don't thing Gibbs is naughty. I think he's adventurous.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I have to admit that is a lot of gates. Glad it works for you.

Pam said...

GIBBS! I am shocked at that behavior. haha....dogs will be dogs. Good thing about cats, they use that litter box...Gated community is good but that is if the WHOLE community is gated! Be care stepping over those gates, I would lose my balance and slap, right on my face!

HappyK said...

Wow that is a lot of gates. I crate trained our dog and it worked great. She LOVED her crate, but I did it right from the moment we brought her home at 6 weeks.

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray for those gates!

DeniseinVA said...

Well, not very nice for you to have to keep having to clean up, but Gibbs lifting his leg makes me chuckle! I guess he thinks he is marking his territory. The gates are a great idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails