Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Fun with my drawings and AI

 Lately I seem to be much more noticeable, walking with my cane. First at a convenience store I was going out as someone was coming in. She saw me and turned around and held the door for me. Then at Walmart a man and a little boy stood back and waited while I went through the door. Third, I came home from Walmart with my groceries and the woman across the street came over with her two little boys and asked if they could help me carry my groceries. 

I used a picture of an old woman with a cane and asked AI to make me a comic strip using that picture to depict the three situations.


After this I went to Walmart another day and the man who walked in ahead of me grabbed a cart then he pulled out a second cart for me. I also got a text from the woman across the street saying they really did want to help and she offered to take my garbage can out for me and put it away every week.

Most of my life I have felt invisible but the amount of attention I've gotten just because I'm using a cane has been overwhelming. There may be a lot of bad going on in the world but there sure is a lot of good too.

20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Isn't it nice? We get a lot of attention when the store has no scooters and Phil has to wheel me.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

You have finally found the one thing that takes away rudeness and brings out kindness in people.

Carol said...

It is nice to see that others are still willing to be kind and helpful in this crazy world.

DeniseinVA said...

I am so glad you are seeing this Ann. I also have had extra kindnesses shown me since I have to get around on a walker. Love your cartoon!

Jeanette said...

That is nice to hear in this day and age!

Sandee said...

You are not invisible. How nice. This post made me smile.

I linked this post to Happy Tuesday.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. A big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Linda G said...

I have noticed the same, when I have to use my cane.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ann so many kind folks around. Very very thankful you are getting
assistance. I hope someone will also volunteer to shovel your driveway for you too
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Ann, that is wonderful that people are caring about you and helping.

Lori said...

I am so glad that you are seeing a lot of good things around you with people wanting to help. That is wonderful!!

photowannabe said...

Oh Ann, this makes me feel so good. You are seen. God sure gave you a special boost and let you know that you are loved and seen.
We all need to see goodness from people in this crazy world.
(((hugs)))
Sue

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I am singing I told you so.... hahaha.. love this and hope you get more and more helpers.

HappyK said...

That is so nice to hear and to know how many nice people are out there. Maybe we should all walk with a cane. :)

Debbie said...

there are so many kind people in this world. i have had many similar experiences. i like the comic!!

Connie said...

Oh my, you are certainly techier (is that a word?) than I am.
I don't really mess with AI

Duni said...

That's very kind of those people. More people should be like this. The cartoon strip is cute!

Donna said...

Goodness! How wonderful for you! No one deserves all the love like you do!
You’ve always been first in line to help others…it your turn sweet lady! 🩷
Hugs
Donna🌷

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

How wonderful, Ann! Thank God for kind people! I will be 70 in October. I do not walk with a cane or a walker, but sometimes when I get on the bus a lady or gentleman offer to give me their seat. I find this very sweet and I graciously accept...and thank them profusely.

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m sorry you need the cane, but I’m so glad people are willing to help. ❤️

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the generosity you are being shown.

Related Posts with Thumbnails