Sunday, September 6, 2026

Honk Honk

Recently the two little boys across the street were standing at the end of their driveway, pumping their arms up and down at passing cars, hoping for a honk. No luck that day.


But Friday evening (8/28) they were out there again, this time with a few of the other neighbor kids. Whenever a car came down the road, they all rushed to the end of the driveway and pumped their arms as fast as they could. Car after car honked for them.

I sat inside watching TV, smiling every time I heard a honk. I think I was just as thrilled as they were. It took me right back to riding in the back seat of my parents’ car, trying to get truckers to honk at us.

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I don't think I have ever heard of this! The little girls down the street are always having a trinket sale or a lemonade stand and try to get drivers to stop and buy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails