Thursday, September 10, 2026

Last week

 Last week we had some pretty bad storms that went through the area. Here at home there were severe thunderstorms. Lots of thunder and lightning that shook the house.

In Erie, where I work there was lots of damage with trees uprooted. It looked like a tornado had gone through but apparently it was straight line winds that were up to 70 miles per hour.

Last Thursday I got to work and there was no phone or internet. I sent a text to my manager and the big boss. They passed the text on to the appropriate departments. I got text messages from a person who was in touch with our IT department. Several options were given, none of which I could do. It all involved going into this mess in the back room where our modem, router and server are located


 Off to the left where you see all the cords coming out of that one box, there is an outlet behind that. For whatever reason in this building, almost all of the outlets are up near the ceiling.

They finally sent an IT person but I went from 8:30 till 3:30 before I could do any actual work. I sat and read my kindle and played games on my phone all day.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

A nice break for you, but too bad you couldn't have been home instead of there. Do people ever come in that you need to help, or is it all phone work?

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That's a good way to spend a workday. I swear IT people have less of an idea of computers than anyone else in the office.

Donna said...

Oh my Word!! What a mess of wires! That can’t be good…instead of new, they opted for “hey, let’s just add on!”, Lololol…no wonder you decided to wait for a tech. Looks like they need to put in a complete new system. Oh well…
And I know you like to keep busy…😟
Have a sweet rest of the week!
Hugs
Donna 🌷

Related Posts with Thumbnails