Friday, September 11, 2026

Night drop

 After work I need to drive to one of the banks and do a night drop before heading home. On one night I got there and there was a guy at the ATM just in front of the night drop. He was out of his car and he was talking to the machine. I don't know who he was actually speaking to. There were still employees in the bank who hadn't left yet so maybe one of them was talking to him. Not sure but it was odd.


Speaking of odd. We have lots of people in the area where I work who stand on corners with signs asking for help. One day I spotted one of them walking down the street carrying some kind of junk.

There is a dumpster at the convenience store right past where he was in this picture and he threw whatever it was in there and kept on walking.

8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I always see people who look like they are talking to themselves. But it usually turns out they have an earbud in, and they are on some kind of Bluetooth. We have a whole lot of homeless people with signs. Many stand right under signs that say not to give them any money. We do anyway.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ann maybe he thought if he talked to the ATM it would talk back - maybe thinking AI was running the machine. LOL - On another note so sad to see folks in need. Take care friend. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

My Mind's Eye said...

WOW ANN I would have been a bit worried about approaching the drop box til he was gone.
We have the same thing on the corners here.
Hugs to you and Gibbs
Cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was odd. That's a shame about all the people with the signs. Interesting that he threw it in the dumpster.

photowannabe said...

Those Night Drop outside things always make me nervous. Thinking of you !
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

We get many people standing on the medians at traffic lights with signs. I often think I would like to know their life story is. I worry about them with all this heavy traffic around. It's a very unsafe place.

Debbie said...

perhaps the guy at the bank was on the phone. we have dumpsters at one of the buildings we own and people are forever throwing their home trash, bbq's, furniture in it. it costs us a fortune. even with camera on the dumpsters, if we can't see the license plate, there is nothing we can do!!

CheerfulMonk said...

I would have kept my distance from the fellow, just in case. One never knows.

Related Posts with Thumbnails