Sunday, December 11, 2016

The weather outside was frightful

We got snow, snow and more snow. Last time I posted I talked about the snow we had. Well that wasn't the end of it. Friday it held off until later in the evening but then it started and it kept all. Saturday I didn't even go out for my usual weekly shopping trip. I stayed home and cleaned and of course shoveled

Just a few pictures of all the snow


 Once the cleaning was done I thought I would show you that I'm not a total grinch with no holiday spirit. As Ginny pointed out though, It's not in the decorations. Christmas is in your heart.

Top left I have a bit of Christmas on my table

Moving down the left side my bathroom wall has snowmen on the shelf and quilted how to build a snowman wall hanging that I made years ago.

My couch got a festive red throw, some Christmas pillows and a gingerbread girl that I also made (years ago)

Top right Wade pulled out the Christmas tree and put it up. It's waiting to be decorated later today

The snowmen are lined up on the steps

A pretty red noel hand towel sits on the bathroom counter

15 comments:

bichonpawz said...

We are in the midst of decorating too Ann... a bit slow this year! Love your pretty decorations!

MadSnapper said...

You done good!!! I only have out two tiny trees, which means you have surpassed in me in Christmas spirit. love your snow men marching on the steps and on the bathroom wall. sorry about all that snow

Out on the prairie said...

I swept off my porch coming home, we are getting a dusting but not very serious.I made goodies yesterday and shared them with neighbors

Grace said...

You decorate the bathroom? LOL Bigger pictures would have been nice, so we could see close up. Watching the weather report on the daily news each night always gets a "Oy poor Ann' from me.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You may take awhile with things, but when you do get around to them, oh WOW! You have done it up beautifully! I especially like the snowmen on the steps. How much snow did you get? I hope you don't have to drive to work in it! Do you have four wheel drive? We have not had any yet, but I know it's coming...

Donna said...

Oh my word! That's a bunch of snow!
And I'm loving all the red...
hughugs

Marg said...

Wow, that is a bunch of snow. We love the stair decorations. That looks neat. Looks like you have plenty of Christmas going on there. Have a good evening.

Marie said...

love the snowmen lined up on your stairs...so cute! I agree with the spirit in our hearts. I just want my parents and grandma here and everyone happy. :)
hey, I've got Christmas throws out as well as stockings hung..it all counts. :)

Lin said...

It is snowing here today too. It makes me more joyful in the holiday spirit.

Your house looks cute! My house looks like Christmas threw up. Not sure why I do this...but I do. Only to take it all down again.

Tracey said...

The snow looks so pretty....there sure is a lot of it! Your house looks very festive. Have a great week!

Sandee said...

I'm home and blogging again. We had a great long weekend.

Wow, that's a lot of snow. I'm glad it's not be in that. I would hate it.

Love your decorations and your tree is beautiful.

Have a fabulous day off. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Hootin Anni said...

Oh yes....now I need an upper level addition on OUR house so I can stack my santas on the steps like you did with your snowmen. How cute is that?!!

Ewwwwwwwww, that white stuff...keep it up north purdy please.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

As you know, I love love love snow. Wish we could get some here --even just a little.

Christmas decorations are different for all of us... I love yours.... You are YOU and that is AWESOME.

Hugs and Merry Christmas,
Betsy

Reeni said...

My favorite are the snowmen on the stairs! They look so cute! Have fun decorating the tree - I hate putting the lights on but love doing the ornaments.

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Your Christmas decorations are lovely Ann! It is snowing in Pittsburgh right now - our first snow of the season. I believe we're supposed to get a couple inches. Not much, but it looks pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails