Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Flop

Not all my projects come out the way I planned. I recently was trying a new type of card and have a couple of disasters to show you.
If nothing else I did learn how to do the cut for these. I've seen these called a swing card and also a flip card.

The first one.

Well, I was doing pretty good until I got to gluing on the sentiment. Oops! I guess I should have paid more attention.

Card two.
I used plain white cardstock for this one and thought it looked too plain. Well, everything is better with glitter so I put some glue on the one section and covered it with glitter. I suppose this isn't a total flop but at first, because of the glue that section of the card was laying rather funky. There are also small spots that don't have any glitter on them.

Just to give you an idea of how this card opens up.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how these open. Very creative.

Duni said...

You should see my failed sewing projects ;-)

MadSnapper said...

I like the how NOT to make your cards post. actually the first one is proof you were really thinking of ME because you put that upside down... glad you shared the bloopers... they do that on TV and I like them to......also bloopers give you something to do tomorrow, make another card. cool way to open the cards

Grace said...

You know that I just love that second card. You have got me addicted to glitter, you naughty girl!

Sandee said...

Turn the Thinking of You upside down and it's fine.

You're so talented. You're so funny too.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your post made me smile Ann...The swing cards were one of my favorite cards to make at one time as they can
be made flat and still pack that pizazz!!

Kate said...

Well done, you for sharing your 'oops'. I like how these cards open.

Pam said...

The first does not have to be a flop...you can had the words, "while standing on my head"! haha....get it, thinking of while standing on my head! haha....sorry, just thinking out loud!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a cute card, I like how they open.

Sharkbytes said...

all part of getting to the gorgeous ones.

Related Posts with Thumbnails