Saturday, November 9, 2019

Fridays order

The other day a customer came in to order a cake. They wanted to know if we could copy a picture to put on a cake and I told them we used to have the machine but it was no longer usable. Then they asked if I was able to draw something on a cake. I told them if it wasn't too complicated I could probably do it. They should me a picture of an eagle scout emblem and while I was fairly certain I could do most of it I told them there was no way I could draw the eagle on the bottom. We settled on copying the majority of it and writing the word eagle underneath.

I tried to get a picture of what they showed me but wasn't able to download it. This is the cake I did.



I wasn't completely satisfied with the ribbon and considered trying to smooth it out a little more but decided it wasn't wise to tempt fate. I knew if I attempted it that I would end up mixing the colors and making a mess of it. In the end I decided this was good enough

13 comments:

Pam said...

Good job! I have HORRIBLE (chicken scratch) writing so I don't like writing on anything. Frosting, paint, pen....nothing helps to improve the look of what I write.

MadSnapper said...

looks great to me. so marcus is now an Eagle scout. good job Marcus and Ann... how in the world you wrote be prepared in that tiny slot is a mystery to me. he would not want me writing on his cake. ha ha

jo(e) said...

I like the two lines of color around the edges tying it all together.

Kate said...

You are amazing!!

Grace said...

Another success!

Lin said...

Hooray! It looks great!

Rose said...

Very well done!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It came out perfect. That was a good compromise!

Hootin Anni said...

I like it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is really lovely And precise. Your hands must be steady as a rock. What is the weirdest request you have ever had? And the hardest one?

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ann wow you are so clever with these cakes,i think you did an awesome job,well done my friend xx

Reeni said...

I love it! You did a great job!

Ann said...

Thanks everyone.
Ginny I can't really think of anything that would have been an odd request. I've gotten some strange color combinations that I thought would look awful but once it was done it looked pretty good. The hardest cakes for me were back when we used to picture cakes. We had a projector that would shine an image on the cake then we had to use a paintbrush and draw the picture on the cake with the different colors. I hated doing those and thankfully we don't do them any more

Related Posts with Thumbnails