Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Small accomplishments

Monday was one of those days off that while it didn't feel like I did anything I did manage to accomplish a few little things.

I'm not sure why I bothered mopping the floor because with Gibbs tracking in dirt all the time or even just wet paw prints they don't really look like they've been mopped.

I also sat down and got my Christmas cards address and they are now in the mail. I was going to take a picture of the stack of cards but I forgot.

I finished wrapping the last of the little gifts that I was putting in stockings. Since I've got so many of them I hung two on the hutch cabinet and the other three on the backs of the dining room chairs.


There are actually two more stockings hanging on the fake fireplace. That would be mine and one for Gibbs.

Last but not least I finished a gnome that I made. Almost everything came from Dollar Tree. I used a Styrofoam cone for the base. The beard is made from a Dollar Tree mop and the hat is a sock. The only thing I didn't get from Dollar Tree was the wood ball for his nose.


16 comments:

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Todo se ve estupendo! Muchas gracias por tus visitas , es un placer verte por mi blog ! Que tengas Feliz Navidad ! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„ ( No se si me pasarรฉ por aquรญ hasta entonces ) ☃️๐ŸฆŒ๐ŸŽ…

CheerfulMonk said...

You did a lot! I laughed when I saw the gnome -- he's adorable.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Ann the Xmas stockings look lovely hanging and your gnome is very cute,well done my friend xx

Hootin Anni said...

Love, love, LOVE the gnome. I was hoping one of those stockings is mine. That gnome will fit in it perfectly! Yes, indeedy.

Kate said...

I love your gnome and the stockings look so pretty. Did you make the stockings? You were a very busy girl on your day off.

MadSnapper said...

since I have been posting about Christmas in Florida is hot, I thought about no fireplaces to hang stockings. now I know what people can do, I am looking at the bookcase the TV sits on and it would be perfect. of course I have no stockings to hang, but I could if I wanted to... great idea...using your creative genes again

Sandee said...

Looks like a perfect day off to me. Good for you.

Have a fabulous Wednesday, Ann. Big hug to you and tell Gibbs I said hello. ♥♥♥

Rose said...

I love the socks and gnome...I have not even addressed cards.

Lin said...

Gnomes are BIG this year and yours is really cute. Where are you finding the time???

Ginny Hartzler said...

He is just adorable!! I should really try to make one, but I would probably mess it up. I like where you hung the stockings, they look good there.

The Feminine Energy said...

Yes, putting on the last minute touches doesn't feel like much... until we step back and truly see all that we did. You did a lot, Ann, and everything looks marvelous!! My best to you & yours this holiday season, Andrea xoxo

Donna said...

Aww!! It's adorable! And I hung all mine on the friggin' wall...Hahaaa...pooped!
hughugs

Ann said...

CheerfulMonk, it sounds like a lot but it didn't feel like I did much at all

Sheryl, Thanks

Anni, I thought of you when I was making it.

Sandee, it was about as perfect as it could get.

Lin, I pretty much live on a loop between home and work and once I get home from work there is nothing I have to do so my time is ALL mine

Ginny, Thanks. I saw a freestanding stocking holder at the dollar store and almost bought it but then thought it was kind of waste of money since the chairs work just fine.

Ann said...

Andrea, I keep forgetting that your comment come in as no reply blogger so I have to respond here...lol I does sound like a lot but it sure didn't feel like I did much of anything.

NanaDiana said...

That gnome is adorable. I have been seeing them again the last couple of years. They were out in the 70s, too, I think. These are cuter than the ones they had then though and yours is adorable.

I got my Christmas cards out, too, and that sure felt good.

Hope you have a great Wednesday night- xo Diana

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you got some things done and the gnome is so cute. I still need to do some baking and wrapping of gifts. Going to do that tomorrow. Finished Christmas decorations yesterday and we are babysitting tonight so I'm going to save my energy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails