Friday, June 26, 2020

A cake order

A customer came in the store yesterday to order a cake for Sunday. I asked her what she would like on it and she said that it was for a graduation and a going into the Navy celebration. She asked me if I could put an anchor on it. I told her that I can draw something that will resemble an anchor but that I was no artist. I quickly drew an anchor on the back of the order form and showed it to her. I laughed and said something like this?
She said well maybe if you put a line across the top I drew a line and said like this?
She said yes that will work. I told her that I promised it would look better on the cake than it did on the paper. After she left I Googled anchor pictures and then did a quick drawing to use as a reference when I do the cake on Sunday
I'll be sure to take a picture on Sunday when I'm finished with the cake.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't wait to see it! I know you will not have a problem, because you ARE an artist and crafter extraordinaire!

CheerfulMonk said...

I love looking at your cakes! And thank goodness for Google. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Navy colors are blue & yellow! Can't wait to see your work.

Rose said...

Like Ginny. I cant wait to see it.

Laurel Wood said...

I look forward to seeing the finished project. It's interesting to read about all the different cakes folks order

Sandee said...

It will be beautiful when you're done with it. Anchors away.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

MadSnapper said...

I love it it's going to be perfect and I can't wait to see the cake

The Feminine Energy said...

I know it's going to be beautiful, Ann! I can't wait to see a picture. Love, Andrea xoxo

Forsythia said...

Quite resourceful you are!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't wait to see it!

Ann said...

Ginny, I always worry about doing anything that isn't just the typical flowers.

CheerfulMonk, well glad you like them

Anni, no Navy colors on this one, they chose the school colors which are red and black

Sandee, When I was asking if she wanted any writing on it she said just Marcus and class of 2020. I almost suggested adding anchors away.

Andrea, aw thanks, I sure hope it is.

Cynthia, google is my best assistant

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

that's great news - that "cakes" are back on the menu - at least for some families - and Google pictures are so useful...

Related Posts with Thumbnails