Saturday, January 2, 2021

A very old draft

A while back I was going to start a new blog. Apparently I had written one post and it was stuck in draft and never published. This was from January 2018.

The title of the post was Throwing you to the wolves and was dated 1/2/2018

Before Christmas I posted pictures of the village on top of my fake fireplace and a couple of you mentioned the wolf picture I had on my wall.

This one hangs over the fireplace and was a gift from my son.


It's not the only wolf picture I have in my living room though. This one painted on a feather hangs on the same wall on the other side of the room.


And this large painting hangs over my couch. If you look at this picture you will see other wolves, besides the two main ones, hidden throughout the picture. I can't recall how many total there are supposed to be. 

And now a couple of wolf proverbs I found to finish this post off.

“If you run from a wolf, you may run into a bear.” – Lithuanian
“It is madness for a sheep to talk of peace with a wolf.” – French
And this quote I found but I have no idea who said it. 
 “Scars are just a treasure map for pain you've buried too deep to remember.” “Like a missing tooth, sometimes an absence is more noticeable than a presence.” “The wolves knew when it was time to stop looking for what they'd lost, to focus instead on what was yet to come.”

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, the feather painting is gorgeous! I thought it would be fun to count how many wolves in the painting, but have not been able to get it big enough. You must really love wolves, they may be your favorte animal.

Ella said...

The wolves are beautiful, and the feather too!

Hootin Anni said...

Love, love, LOVE that feather.

MadSnapper said...

wolves are wonderful creatures and so beautiful. all of yours are beautiful.. i think i told you before, that my son in TN is in love with all things wolves. for several years he got a new wolf t-shirt for Christmas each year. he has paintings a posters to.. 2 whole years i drafts . wow...

Martha said...

They are all gorgeous but the feather is my favorite!

Rose said...

Wonderful pics...and I like the quotes. Is there a reason you like wolves? I like them, too, but not sure why. I wish you could read The North Runner...it is about a half dog, half wolf. True story. One of my favorite books...but I liked wolves before I read it. Kind of like they fascinate me.

Grace said...

The quotes are from "Lone Wolf" by Jodi Picoult

Kate said...

Ann, I love all of your wolf items! Your quote is a good one. A splendid post for the second day of a new year. ^^

The Feminine Energy said...

I love your wolf pictures and quotes, Ann. I remember a lot of pictures of wolves being sold by Fingerhut. Do you remember that catalog? They used to finance what they sold themselves, sending people little payment books with payment coupons to send in each month, with a payment. I used them all the time when we were first married, to stretch out payments for little things we needed for our apartment. I'm sure the deadbeats of our country put a kabosh to that when they wouldn't send in their payments. Anyway, your wolf pictures and quotes made me think of Fingerhut, for some reason. ~Andrea xoxo

CheerfulMonk said...

“The wolves knew when it was time to stop looking for what they'd lost, to focus instead on what was yet to come.”

What a great quote. I have a poster of a strong, handsome timber wolf on a wall of my study. It's a reminder to be calm, resilient, and empowered.

NanaDiana said...

My sister-by-choice loves wolves, too. She would arm wrestle you for that wolf painted on a feather. That is fantastic. xo Diana

Related Posts with Thumbnails