Monday, May 31, 2021

Remembering

 And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.                                                                                                                                                 ~~Lee Greenwood


This is the day we pay homage to all those who didn't come home. This is not Veterans day, it's not a celebration, it is a day of solemn contemplation over the cost of freedom.
             ~~Tamra Bolton




It's supposed to be my day off today but I have to work. However you decide to spend your day, take a moment to remember those who gave their lives fighting for their country.




7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So sorry. Seems like you have alot of days off, that turn out not to be! Is Memorial Day crowded or mostly empty?

Hootin Anni said...

Bless those, and their families. Hope your day wasn't too strenuous.

Martha said...

Sorry you have to work today Ann. I suppose it will be a very busy day, hope it's not too bad.

The Feminine Energy said...

Happy Memorial Day, Ann. I'm sorry you have to work today... but maybe bring home a goodie or two from the store today & enjoy yourself after you get home. ~Andrea xoxoxo

Sandee said...

Hubby put our flag out this morning and it will remain there until dusk. We honor those that have given their all for our freedom.

I'm sorry you have to work today, but I hope you get extra money for working on a holiday.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

CheerfulMonk said...

I hope your day goes well. And that you can enjoy your next day off.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful post. We must never forget those who didn't come home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails