Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Craft Time

I won't pretend that I had an exceptionally crafty day for my day off. These ornaments were done over a period of several days. Some I am more happy with than others, and some it just seems that the more I played with them the worse they got. Without further ado here is what I made.

I painted the wood ornament with two different shades of blue. I started with the light then added the dark. You'll notice that the middle right I went a little too skimpy with the darker blue and the snowflake doesn't show up as well.

On the back side I experimented with different pens to write "let it snow". Not quite happy with the look but it is what it is.


That one ornament that the snowflake didn't show up well, I decided to go around the vinyl cutout with a blue glitter pen. It shows up better but not entirely happy with this one.

And lastly a close up of the writing on one of the backs. I liked this one better than some of the others that I had used some thicker pens on. 

11 comments:

betty said...

I bet on a tree they will look really pretty! A good experiment with these on what may work and what definitely doesn't work. I do like them though!

betty

CheerfulMonk said...

I think it's great that you took your time, it should be fun and enrich your life. I'm drawing and playing the glockenspiel every day, but only for short periods of time. It's an experiment and the important thing is that I keep it fun. It doesn't matter how it looks/sounds, the important thing is we do it. ❤️

Ginny Hartzler said...

I like them. And they will look even more beautiful on a tree!

Rose said...

I like them all! I could not pick a favorite or a least favorite. I love the one you outlined. Same with the way you wrote Let It Snow.

Hootin Anni said...

These are wood?!! How nice. A wonderful shade of icy, wintry, blue.

MadSnapper said...

I like the double writing, with glitter pen and paint pen or what ever you used. the color is almost aqua and you know I have a thing for aqua.. I am thinking on a tree with lights they will look really pretty and shiny

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty! You find the cutest projects to work on!

Sandee said...

Very pretty. I'm not ready for winter yet, but very pretty.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

happyone said...

I think they turned out great and will looks so pretty on the tree.

DeniseinVA said...

These are going to look great on a tree, especially with the lights on them. Very pretty, all of them :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those came out really cute. I love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails