Sunday, August 21, 2022

Just to clarify

 There were a lot of comments on my post yesterday about the girl who works bakery on Saturday. Technically, she is a deli person and that is what she was hired for. Quite some time ago, the boss asked her to train in bakery so there would be another person who knew it to help cover for vacations and stuff. She is one of those people who doesn't take constructive criticism well and I had talked to her about an order she messed up. I was stressing the importance of being accurate. She kind of flipped out on me and told me that if I was going to be mean she was just going to leave. After that, I believe she had asked the boss to take her out of bakery on Saturday. He pretty much blew her off and told her she could handle it.

I had had a few conversations with the deli manager regarding the situation. Well yesterday I got a call from work. It was the deli manager. She said she talked to Marc (new boss) and told him she would do Saturdays in bakery. She already does it on Monday. She doesn't mind doing it and she knows how I work. I guess the change is going to start next week. I am a happy camper. She has no problem doing cakes but she won't write on them. 

11 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

That's good news! I don't blame her for not wanting to write on cakes, not everyone has your talent. I sure don't!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad for anything that makes less work and trouble for you!

Hootin Anni said...

Hope it works out.

MadSnapper said...

if i wrote on a cake you would have a lot of cake returns to take care of. glad you found a workaround and will not have to deal with the deli diva. I am glad to hear your new boss is getting help and support from the employees

Królowa Karo said...

So it's all right!

betty said...

Thanks for clearing up my confusion about the employee! Glad the change has been made and someone who wants to be there will be working in the bakery! I too wouldn't be fond of writing on cakes as my handwriting can be very hard to read most of the time!

betty

crafty cat corner said...

Years ago I worked in a well known chocolate shop (I know, the worst place for me to work in, lol ) we used to have to write on Easter eggs and at Christmas on teddies etc, My hand was killing me at the end of the day as nobody else wanted to do it.
Briony
x

happyone said...

Glad to hear that whole situation has been taken care of. :)

Rose said...

That is wonderful that you will have someone who is not afraid to make and decorate the cakes. Maybe in time she will attempt to write on them. Or practice on something.

DeniseinVA said...

That is good news and I am happy for you :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is good news but if you are not there who will write on them?

Related Posts with Thumbnails