Wednesday, August 24, 2022

not my best work

I'm not sure what my problem is but lately if I can get myself to do something crafty I end up not liking the end results. Perfect example is the ornaments I showed you yesterday. They were okay, but I wasn't entirely happy. Another example was this ornament that I made. I just don't like the looks of it at all. Amanda said that maybe it needed some Jingle Bells

Aside from making ugly ornaments, I'm also a bad dog mom. Yesterday Gibbs had a birthday and I forgot all about it. Of course he forgives me because I've pretty much failed to remember his birthday every year. Gibbs is now 8 years old.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think a tiny jingle bell or pom-pom on the tip of each of those red points would look really great!

CheerfulMonk said...

Why not call it a work in progress and let it sit for a bit? Trust your subconscious mind to come up with the solution. It's fun when that happens.

Hootin Anni said...

Glitter maybe? Happy birthday Gibbs

Rose said...

Happy Birthday, Gibbs! I think Cheerful Monk gave good advice.

MadSnapper said...

drag out the glitter pen and outline it. i love the glitter pen look. Happy Day after your birthday Gibbs. Beau has one coming and he will be 9

Grace said...

Yup, that needs a little oomph...I'll add my vote for glitter.

betty said...

Happy birthday to Gibbs! I don't think they really care either way if we celebrate their special days. I see people on Facebook that have balloons for their dogs or even a birthday party where they invite all their dog friends. All my dogs on their birthday have maybe gotten an extra treat, lol :)

I think the ornament needs a bit of glitter. Just a little sprucing up a bit :) Otherwise, cute little elf shoe :)

betty

Sandee said...

♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday Dear Gibbs,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

happyone said...

Glitter and bells sounds good.
Happy Birthday to Gibbs.

Jeanette said...

Cute ornament! Happy Birthday to Gibbs!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday Gibbs!

DeniseinVA said...

Yes it's cute but I like what you did with it in the next post. Even cuter! Happy belated birthday to Gibbs :) I'm terrible at birthdays and don't mean to forget but it happens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails