Saturday, August 20, 2022

One of many reasons.

There are lots of reasons why I get annoyed and frustrated every day. My story today explains one of them.
Yesterday, I had two separate people come in wanting to order cakes for today. That really doesn't sound like much of a problem. However, it created one for me. The girl who works on Saturday is terrified of doing cakes and will do anything to get out of them. Not to mention that what takes me 15 minutes to do will take her an hour and a half. I had two choices. One, I could have done them myself or two, I could have left them for Saturday which would have meant that the deli manager would have had to fit them into her schedule. Well, I am seriously annoyed that I have to do the work for the girl who is working my day off and I don't want to have to put more work on the deli manager. It's just not fair to her. So I chose to do them myself. I only took pictures of the one




13 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

That's too bad! 😕

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is adorable! I'm sure you made one new mom and her friends very happy. But they should not a hire bakery employee who cannot do cakes, that is ridiculous! It's like hiring a singer who can't sing! And it sure isn't fair to you!

Hootin Anni said...

In trump's words..."you're fired". She's pathetic.

MadSnapper said...

the cake is beautiful and thos tiny booties make me want them just to look at for fun. the shoes not the baby boy. I agree with Ginny.

Sandy said...

Lovely, but why is there someone working there who can't do her job? Sounds like you need to talk to the manager about this. She's getting paid to do a job, you're doing.
Sandy's Space

Grace said...

Love, Love, Love that cake!

Jeanette said...

How frustrating! Love the cake though!

Rose said...

Were you ever afraid when you first started decorating? i just wondered cause I can see your feelings and would be ticked off, too, but can always feel for the insecure girl. I just never was sure of myself...almost any job I had, I was afraid of failing. But then almost any place I ever worked, I could have gone back and worked...so it was worth their patience with me in training me. Like I left one job to go to a better job, only to get laid off after a month. I went back to my previous job and ask could I work till I got called back. They were happy to have me...but only about 3 weeks till I got called back.

Connie said...

It's a lovely cake. I think you need to give the weekend girl a two week period to up her game or that you will hire someone who can do the job that she was hired to do. If they can't do the job that they are hire for and receive a paid check for, then why are they there. It's pretty easy - Do your job or look for another one.

betty said...

Can she transfer to a different department and get someone who is not terrified of cakes? Seems funny she would want to work in a bakery and then not be able to do a key component task of it. Cake looks very nice though!

betty

DeniseinVA said...

Another beautiful job of decorating and that must have been incredibly frustrating.

happyone said...

You did a fantastic job on the cake and that was very thoughtful of you to think of the deli manager.
The girl who is terrified of making cakes should make cakes and then she'd get good at it! Otherwise she should look for a new job!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The cake is adorable. Yes that is not fair. She shouldn't be working there if she doesn't know how to decorate cakes. Everything can't keep falling to you and I understand you not wanting to leave it for the deli manager.

Related Posts with Thumbnails