Tuesday, December 6, 2022

A holiday tradition

Back when the kids were in elementary school, they made snowflake ornaments with their pictures in the center. I don't recall what grade they did this in but it really isn't relevant to the story anyway. These are the ornaments that they made and every year they continue to go on the tree Amanda decorates the tree most of the time and it's become a bit of a holiday tradition that her snowflake goes front and center on the tree while her brothers goes somewhere near the back. In the next picture I have them circled where each of them are

At least she thinks enough of her brother to still make his snowflake visible.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, your tree is gorgeous with this blue! What a great memonto to see your kids faces in each year!

Connie said...

I detect a little sibling rivalry there, LOL
The snowflakes are wonderful and what sweet memories they bring.

Hootin Anni said...

I think that's awesome you still have the treasured ornaments.

MadSnapper said...

now I am wondering is your son ever moves his to the front and hers to the back? I think its wonderful Amanda comes over and helps decorate and that you still have the ornaments. your house is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. ho ho ho

Rose said...

My kids made those, too. I still love them. (Both the girls and the snowflakes...lolol)

Jeanette said...

I have ornaments like that for my kids too! I don't blame Amanda. Brothers were a pain to grow up with!

Lori said...

Such a cute tree. Ornaments/memories like that are what make the tree so special.

Sandee said...

This post reminds me of doing decorations with my son. We had such fun.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a really nice tradition. I have a boxed filled of things that the kids made when they were young.

happyone said...

Nice that you saved the ornaments all these years later.Your tree looks beautiful.

DeniseinVA said...

That’s cute, sweet tradition.

CheerfulMonk said...

What a nice tradition, and what a great daughter!

Duni said...

Those are sweet keepsakes! We haven't had a tree for years. I enjoy looking at yours though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails