Wednesday, December 28, 2022

A tale about Gibbs

Our story starts on Friday night. The weather had turned bad. It was bitter cold with high winds and major wind gusts. When I got home from work on Friday I'm assuming that the wind had pushed my basement door open just slightly so that it wasn't latched. I kept closing it and it kept coming back open. Saturday morning I went to the basement to let Gibbs out when I got up. The basement door was wide open and Gibbs was nowhere to be seen. I opened back door and called his name but he was nowhere. I ran to the front door opened it up called his name and he came running. I have no idea how long he was out there and I'm thankful that he hadn't had his haircut yet so at least he had a little bit more fur to keep him warm.



Monday Gibbs finally had an appointment with the groomer. The appointment was for 8:00 and since they're just down the street I took him out to the car at 7:55. There was some snow in the driveway but not a lot and it looked like it it would be no problem driving through it. I was wrong. I ended up getting stuck in the end of the driveway. No matter how many times I got out of the car to shovel snow from around the tires I still could not get myself unstuck. Finally my neighbor from across the street came out with a shovel and him and a couple guys that were visiting for the holidays got me out. I dropped Gibbs off and then went to the store to get a dozen donuts to thank them. Finally Gibbs was done we got back home and now he's a handsome boy once again

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, look at that huge smile from Gibbs! It has made my day, really! Gosh, that was a scary moment for you. It was a good thing that the weather was too bad for him to want to stay out.

MadSnapper said...

so happy Gibbs is safe and sound and trimmed and smiling. this could have been BAD.. he looks like no harm was done and very happy to be in a arm place with a blankie and looking handsome

Pam said...

Gibbs, you need to be careful about going out open doors, you could have wandered out and got lost. Mom would be so lonely and upset if that happened. You do look awesome when you are all trimmed up.

Lori said...

Awe...look at his smile. So cute!! Scary that he got out though.

Jeanette said...

Oh gosh that must have scared you! Good thing you saw him quick! He looks pretty dapper with his new haircut!

Hootin Anni said...

That door needs a "fix"!!
He's so cute!!

Sandee said...

I'm sure that door is fixed. That was frightening.

Gibbs looks so handsome and I'm sure he's happy about it too.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Lin said...

Whew! That was scary! I'm glad he wasn't too far away from home.

He looks FABULOUS with his new hairdo!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

OMG, I am so glad you found him. Thank God. He looks great and sorry you couldn't get out of the driveway but so glad that those men helped you. I'm sure they appreciated the donuts.

Grace said...

That was scary on several accounts - that the door to your home was open (not just unlocked) and that Gibbs was wandering around. I suppose it was because it was cold and snowy that he didn't wander far...Gotta get that door fixed!

happyone said...

Well with the door open he could have come back in if he was cold. :) Probably had a grand time running about!!
Our driveway is a curved hill and right now icy. We slide down the last half and stop sliding once we reach the paved road.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad he's all right! He does look handsome.

CrystalChick said...

Glad Gibbs is ok! He sure is extra handsome with his fresh grooming!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, that was a doozy of a day. So glad Gibbs didn't get lost and that you were able to get the door fixed. And get out of your driveway. You are blessed with good neighbors. Gibbs looks real cute with his new hairdo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails