Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Floating ornament

Another one of my craft projects on Monday was to make a floating ornament. This is a clear glass ornament with an acetate insert. First I added the vinyl snowflake to the clear acetate then I rolled the acetate and inserted it into the ornament. Once inside it unrolls itself and it looks like the snowflake is floating. This first picture isn't very good because it has a reflection of the Christmas lights in it


Here's another view. This one you can tell that the vinyl is a glitter one. My only problem with this was that I had no idea what the actual size of the ornament was. The template that I used is a little big so the acetate doesn't lay the way it should inside the ornament. It's workable but not perfect.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I still don't understand quite how this worked, but it is perfect. It looks like a floating snowflake inside!

CheerfulMonk said...

That's such a clever idea. ❤️

Donna said...

What a cute idea! I suppose you could also do it with photos?
hughugs
Donna

Hootin Anni said...

I like this!! So many possibilities and colors can be used.

Lori said...

That is very cool. Great job!

Rose said...

I love this! And I love th hat first photo...I think it a great photo.

Jeanette said...

That is pretty cool! There is endless possibilities with this one!

Sandee said...

Very pretty.

Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Pam said...

How cute....you did a great job.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the reflection of the lights in the snowflake ball. Very, very cool.

happyone said...

That is so pretty!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is so pretty. I always love the things you make.

Lin said...

Hey! That's so cute!!

DeniseinVA said...

Both look good to me. There is no ending to your creativity. I am envious :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails