Monday, December 12, 2022

Venting

Yesterday I had one of those days that just sort of makes you want to spit nails. 
I got to work and things were going good then it started.

1) Two of the three people that were supposed to be there at 7:00 we're late. 

2) The girl that was scheduled in the deli did nothing but complain all morning long. 

3) The cashier that was scheduled is probably my least favorite employee. Even on a good day I find him totally annoying. 

4) I was supposed to leave at 1:30 but was told that the closer was going to be late. She was supposed to be there at noon. By 2:00 she still was not there. I told boss's son that I was leaving. I figured he can take care of it. 

5) Final thing, and this is a big one, was the employee who called asking to talk to boss's son. I asked him what he wanted and he told me he needed to talk to Marc about changing the schedule because he needed some days off. I told him the schedule was already up and it was too late. He says I know that's why I need to talk to Marc. I told him Marc was busy and the policy is you have to ask for the time off before the schedule goes up. He hung up on me. I went to Marc and told him. Next thing I know Marc is saying that he needs to change hours on the schedule for Jayden (the kid who just hung up on me). Apparently he called Marc's cell phone  and Marc told him he would take care of it. 

My final Act of the day was to leave my store keys behind and I told him I've had enough. I'm not quitting but I'm not going to keep working hard so other people don't have to. 

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good for you!!!

MadSnapper said...

Oh no! This wasn't just one or two things but the whole day. Venting makes you feel better but in this instance it won't change a thing because you're dealing with people who do not care. That was the one thing I did not miss when I retired was getting away from people who did exactly what all these people did to you

Donna said...

Oh Ann...I'm sorry things have been a bit rough for you lately...Marc better wise up and realize what a precious employee you are!
Sending big hugs your way!
hughugs
Donna

Lori said...

Now that was a bad day! I would have been furious with Marc for changing that schedule. Totally undermining. Hope today is better!!

Kate said...

Well done, you!!!!

Sandee said...

You go girl. When you've had enough you've had enough.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Jeanette said...

I hate those kinds of days! Good for you stick up for yourself!

Lin said...

It's one of those things...the good employees get to work harder for the bad employees. Please...someone explain this to me. I'm sorry that this is happening far too often to you.

happyone said...

So sorry you had such a bad day. Seemed like everything went wrong. Bet you were sure glad to get home!
Number 5 would really have made me angry!

Rose said...

I don't blame you at all...it is just like everything else...the ones that work hard are always asked to give and give, but the ones that are lazy get rewarded for being lazy.

The Happy Whisk said...

Ack, Ann! Sorry to read about this day you've had. I'm glad you told him you were leaving though at 2pm. Back when I worked a kitchen job the managers at this one place used to play this game with the highschool workers and not let them close out. No, just no. I don't mind working late though I didn't play games and I logged myself out and told them. The kids though, they often felt that they would get in trouble. I never go in trouble. Shift is over and managers hiding is a stoooopid game and I just don't like games.

That turdball you talked about. That's nuts. If you're a manager, I'm disappointed that Marc didn't back you up.

When you say you're not quitting though not going to keep working hard so other people don't have to, what does that mean? Will you lower our hours? Or stop being a manager?

CheerfulMonk said...

It's about time you stood up for yourself. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my gosh, that was a terrible day. I'm so sorry to hear this. I would have probably quit! ((HUGS)) What is wrong with people.

DeniseinVA said...

Good for you Ann, leaving your keys, and that was a horrible day of frustration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails