Sunday, June 25, 2023

a pleasant day off

I requested a vacation day for Sunday June 18th. I didn't have any plans I just wanted a 3-day weekend. I decided to take a drive to a nearby town and do a little shopping. I didn't buy much but I did pick up a sunflower mirror at Dollar Tree. I thought it would go good with my layered sunflower pictures that I had made a while back. I hung the three of them on the wall over my desk in the cave.



Not a great picture but you get the idea.

On my way home I stopped at the cemetery where my dad is buried. I thought I would wish him a happy Father's Day.


This cemetery is out in the country and it's really quite pretty and peaceful.



There is a farm right next to it and I noticed that they had a bunch of goats in the pasture. They used to have cows but I didn't notice if they still have them or not. I thought of taking a walk over and getting some pictures but in the end I didn't. Maybe I'll do that another day

11 comments:

Connie said...

It's nice that you visited your Dad's resting place. It looks very well kept and maintained and I'm sure that brings you comfort.
Nice that you had a three day weekend, you deserve it :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can hardly believe you got that mirror at a dollar store!! Now I must go and look!!

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray for mini vacations! Sometimes they are more restful/restorative than longer ones.

MadSnapper said...

I used to take my days off for 3 or 4 day weekends, rather have 4 days in a row off a lot of times than one two week vacation. I like the sunflower mirror and it doesn't look like it came from the dollar tree.

Donna said...

It's a good thing for you to enjoy some down time every once in a while...
Pretty drive with a sweet visit for your Dad.
hugs
Donna

Rose said...

I bet it was wonderful to.gave a little down time...and you chose a pleasant way to.spend it.

DeniseinVA said...

Great that you are having down time. A lovely way to spend it too. I like your new mirror. It looks lovely on the wall with your other treasures.

happyone said...

Nice that you had a day off to relax.
The cemetery sounds like the one I walk around. :)

Lori said...

Extra time off is always a wonderful thing to me. I love the mirror you found, it's really pretty. That was sweet for you to visit your Dad's grave. I've always found most cemeteries to be peaceful.

Jeanette said...

Nice day off! You reminded me that I haven't been to the cemetery for a long time! Not Mothers Day or Fathers Day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The sunflower mirror looks nice. So nice that you stopped to visit with your dad. It does look like a very nice cemetery.

Related Posts with Thumbnails